Is this enclosure good?

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Looks good. Get some anchor points around the top using fake plants and you're set.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'd stick them to the cork bark. Sticking up and out. Just some sprigs.

That way you keep your enclosure intact.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
This probably goes without saying, but if you're using glue be sure to give the enclosure adequate time to air out before putting the spider back in.

basin79

ArachnoGod
This probably goes without saying, but if you're using glue be sure to give the enclosure adequate time to air out before putting the spider back in.
Definitely. Although I've found I've often been able to simply push sprigs of plants into some cracks on the bark and they stay put without the need to glue. So give that a try OP.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I use the air holes to anchor the fake plants, along with the cork bark. I really don't like the idea of gluing anything to the inside that can't later be removed. I loop the plants through two air holes to ensure that they are secure.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
That's why I use hot glue. It doesn't have the fumes that chemical binding glues have so it's ready to go faster.

I use the air holes to anchor the fake plants, along with the cork bark. I really don't like the idea of gluing anything to the inside that can't later be removed. I loop the plants through two air holes to ensure that they are secure.
I've done this too. I'll sometimes use clear packing tape to secure these in place. I've had good luck taking it off when I wanted to rework the enclosure.

Most of the stuff on my bigger enclosure gets glued to the cork and that is wired in. Some of the smaller enclosures I just hot glue the stuff in place. When I go to reuse them I use a stiff plastic brush to clean out the webbing and soak it. Once the cork and plastic plants are dry they are ready to reuse.

Frank04

Arachnopeon
Like Trenor said hot glue doesn't carry the risk of fumes as much as the heavy duty stuff but I'd give it about 10-15 min after it's dry.
Alright my pink toe is in his/her new home now haha! I waited about 20 minutes after glueing it, but does the enclosure look alright from the updated pics I posted?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Alright my pink toe is in his/her new home now haha! I waited about 20 minutes after glueing it, but does the enclosure look alright from the updated pics I posted?
I like mine to be more cluttered with leaves for webbing. Here is a photo of one of my Avic enclosures. The leaves fill most of the inside of the enclosure to give it a nice place to make it's web funnels.

Here it is a few months after putting the Avic in.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The hot glue I use gives off fumes for at least 24 hr. Everyone's sense of smell is different. Also hot glue is cheap for a reason, it sucks. It doesn't hold things that well at all. I do use it despite that.

I wouldn't glut to the container. I did that with some small AMAC boxes (cork bark for one), I don't do it anymore, reason- Avics poop on EVERYTHING, ALL OVER, it's helpful to REMOVE what they poop on so you can clean it.

Zip ties would be better if you want to anchor some plants against the cage walls through the vent holes. And no fumes.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The cork platform you made is nice. The plants you added is negligible for additional hiding spots. I would go with a more densely populated set of plastic plants. I use plants from ZooMed. My Avics utilize them all the time.

Last edited: