Is this brand ok for Ts?

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just bought this at Home Depot and then realized I hadn’t checked the bag regarding if it can harm “bugs” or not...

anyone ever use this brand in Their enclosure?

13CF0665-E5C7-4CE9-917E-FA683CC92D00.jpeg

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it doesn't list any pesticides then it should be ok.
it doesn’t list ANY ingredients, which is why I ask, bc that is quite odd not to list what it’s made of anywhere on the package. ...?? no labels

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
If your in California, that bag was most likely bagged and shipped from my plant. It's 100% coco fiber w/no organic additives added. And even though it's not advertised as Organic...it actually is.

PS. It's what I use (in addition to other substrates).

Coconut coir = coconut fiber, no?
Many names for the same thing - At our facility, it is known as "coir pith".

it doesn’t list ANY ingredients, which is why I ask, bc that is quite odd not to list what it’s made of anywhere on the package. ...?? no labels
You'll find the ingredient list on the back of the bag. Towards the top, on the left hand side. It simply reads: Ingredients: 100% Coconut Coir

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like it is good to go...I just looked at it at my H.D. and looked fine to me.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yes, absolutely: there's written 'Beautiful Gardens Since 1924', so basically that stuff survived the whole Great Depression = you can't go wrong :pompous:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I just bought this at Home Depot and then realized I hadn’t checked the bag regarding if it can harm “bugs” or not...

anyone ever use this brand in Their enclosure?

View attachment 333532
Should be fine.

If your in California, that bag was most likely bagged and shipped from my plant. It's 100% coco fiber w/no organic additives added. And even though it's not advertised as Organic...it actually is.

You'll find the ingredient list on the back of the bag. Towards the top, on the left hand side. It simply reads: Ingredients: 100% Coconut Coir
Small world!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Like I said, I don’t know any of the ingredients - they aren’t on the bag

Says “coconut Coir”

Thank you SO much for your response. I’m buying YOUR products for here on out!

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Run a cricket test- if it kills crickets it may kill other inverts

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
Thank you SO much for your response. I’m buying YOUR products for here on out!
You'll have a variety of products to choose from since we also do - Vigoro, Miracle-Gro, Scotts, EarthGro, SuperSoil, OSH, Expert, etc. lol.

If your in California, I'd also suggest the following bags (if you can find them) to be used as substrates for your T's -

MiracleGro Garden Mulch/1.25CF - I know I know, someone is going to reply on how you shouldn't use "mulch". And for the most part they are correct. Yet this "mulch" isn't your typical mulch.

EarthGro Ground Cover/2CF - VERY similar to MG Garden Mulch ^^^

Scotts Premium Topsoil/75CF & 1CF