Is this an isopod?

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
That's the thing, I don't feed roaches to any of my tarantulas. My C. darlingi has been in the same enclosure i bought a few weeks ago, so it looks like a feeder roach hid in the substrate from previous owner.

cold blood

Staff member

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
1. An isopod wouldn't be ablt to live in a darlingi enclosure. They breathe through gills and require a certain degree of moisture. 2. That's way too wet for a darlingi enclosure. Dry with a water dish....too much moisture like that can be detrimental to such a species. 3. Yeah, looks like a dubia roach...this is an isopod for reference.http://www.roachcrossing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ttomentosamainimageC-720x400.jpg
I don't spray my C. darlingi's enclosure with water, only fill a water dish. I accidentally overflowed his water dish earlier so that extra moisture is my fault. But thanks for the tip!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That's the thing, I don't feed roaches to any of my tarantulas. My C. darlingi has been in the same enclosure i bought a few weeks ago, so it looks like a feeder roach hid in the substrate from previous owner.
theyre hardy little buggers lol