Is This an H. minax? serious answers please

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i may be able to aquire this t if i dish out the cash, this is'nt my pic so i take no credit for it, what do you think minax? i need answers kinda fast before its gone, adult female, thanks--Jeff

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I couldn't "guarantee" (you know...haplo genus and all) it or anything but minax would most certainly be my guess.

Atrax

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

cool, i was thinking that to he told me its a 7" female, so i was thinking it may be, i was think possibly aureopilosum but are'nt they smaller and look a bit different?, thanks gary--Jeff

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, it's easy to get the two mixed up but aureopilosum has a slightly carapace and lighter abdomen with darkish orangey highlights....if that makes sense. I believe minax average a bit bigger in size than aureopilosum but not by too much. I believe aureo's max at about 6" or so.

Atrax

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Tough call. ask for a better lit picture. It appears to be minax in the photo, but the banding on the knee joints / coxa throws me off a little.

Bill

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good point Bill. Kinda looks like it could be shiny black or maybe that orangey color I was talking about. Can you get a better lit pic Jeff?

Atrax

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mybe its an earth tiger? Or is it a new world? I cant tell from the pic:rolleyes: :8o :? ;P

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jeff,
That's a hard pic to go by. Try using a different background. Something lighter.
john

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I consider H. minax to be one of my specialties, but it really is hard to tell from that picture.

I'd give it an 85% chance of being minax.

-Olan

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with Olan.........

I think it is a good chance to be a H.Minax.........But a better picture would be the only way to give a more definative answer. The Aureopilosum I have seen are always noticeably smaller than H.Minax.:)

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well i do have another pic here, but its not any clearer he tried for a closeup

Attachments