Is this an G. pulchripes?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I was at my LPS and they had this T that dropped a sac. Well it looks like its getting fat again. Can G. pulchripes double clutch? Well i am not sure of that. I would like to get it for a breeding project but i am not sure its a G. pulchripes. The knees are not very gold. Any idea what this is? Or is it a color variation? :?

Last edited:

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like one to me. I only have one though and its still a sling. Someone with more experience might be of better assistance.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
It does look very much like one. So anybody know about the double clutch thing? I was thinking i should snag up this girl. 50$ a good buy? She is prob WC though. :eek:

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd personally pay $50 for either of them at that size. Im Canadian though. Maybe where you live the values aren't that high. I don't know.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do you mean Brachypelma smithi or Poecilotheria smithi? It doesnt look like either. Unless your refering to something else.. :?
Ohh I meant Z.smithi.....

Nah I'm just messing with you, for fun and that.... its my birthday and I'm tanked up etc.....

Bit of fun and that.....:}

Last edited:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wish I could find a gravid P. smithi at a pet store for $50 bucks....
:cool:

To OP: I think it is a G. pulchripes in need of a molt, but E. campestratus could be a possibility.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am 95% sure is E. campestratus. Looks like it to a T. Now the remaining question is... Can it double clutch?? If so i am goin to buy it and hope it drops a sac. Has anyone ever heard of one making a dud sac? :? Oh and it made a sac last week but it dried out. It has no gold color at all and if you look at the legs they are very fuzzy like E. camp's are.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What about Eupalaestrus weijenberghi???

Photo keying isn't a very good form of ID........

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
What about Eupalaestrus weijenberghi???

Photo keying isn't a very good form of ID........
Good point. Thanks for contributing. I am not familiar with this genera. Anyone that is familiar with this genera give me some possible IDs. other than one. But honestly its not a E. weijenbergi. Looks nothing like it. Leg patterns are totally different.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good point. Thanks for contributing. I am not familiar with this genera. Anyone that is familiar with this genera give me some possible IDs. other than one. But honestly its not a E. weijenbergi. Looks nothing like it. Leg patterns are totally different.
Well this species is quite well know within your waters, not as much ours....

Just an idea anyway :)

Please forgive my earlier jokes......

I'm 28 in 6 hours and I'm celebrating with Guinness etc

;)