Is this an Asian Forest scorpion?

alex346

Arachnopeon
just wanted to give an update, since it's been almost 4 weeks since I got her...

- made some changes to the enclosure; replaced the hide shown in the picture with a piece of driftwood... seems like this provide a better place to hide

- removed some, but not all, of the bark... and placed a sponge in the water dish... helps retaining moisture, I'm misting pretty much every other day

- I was feeding medium sized dubias (1/2 to 3/4 inches) and she wasn't interested... I'm feeding at night and always found the dubia still around the next morning, then I would remove it after 24 hrs...

- last night I dropped a larger dubia (1 1/2") and she showed some interest... started walking sideways and raising the pincers as if trying to corner the roach, but wouldn't strike... after a few minutes I turned the light off and went to sleep. this morning I found her munching on the dubia... had about 1/4 done and 3/4 left... now she has less than 1/4 to go.

- she looks less fat than before, but still looks overweight/gravid... I went by the LPS the other day and her two other companions were still for sale... they look smaller and leaner.

other than the "not eating for 20+ days" she has been really easy to take care off... not sure if it was my fault by not feeding the right size of prey or if she wasn't hungry enough

alex346

Arachnopeon
GET RID OF THE SPONGE ASAP use a small water dish with clean water .
OK... I'd a hard time keeping humidity above 78%, even after soaking the coco fiber in water. So, trying to keep it more humid... maybe I should mist daily?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Misting is good. The SPONGE is a jungle for bacteria . Try covering up most of the ventilation in the screen top. To prevent the enclosure from dry so fast

Adding sphagnum moss helps too . Holds moisture much longer. I pack it around the hide