Is this a wolf spider or tarantula

Jay06a

Arachnopeon
I can't tell I live in south Texas and both wolf spiders and tarantulas are here. It has burrowed itself in between my outer wall of my apartment and a storage area that connects to the exterior of the apartment. I believe it is male, smaller abdomen than torso. I know that neither is necessarily harmful to people, I just want to know. Also if you can confirm it is male, otherwise I will let my landlord know so we don't wind up with babies. IMAG0269.jpg

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Looks like a tarantula. Who cares if it has babies, let nature takes its course.

Later, Tom

Jay06a

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for your responses. Philth to answer your question about the babies, I worry about that simply because I don't want an house full of them especially with my cat. My fiance and I have a rule for any bug, if your outside that's your territory we won't <mess>with you. But the second you step inside our house you are subject to being killed, more than likely by said cat. I try to release most insects I see that have come in before he kills them but I can't watch him 24/7. And I have heard that the venom from a tarantula can harm a cat even if it's through injection instead of injection. If it were a female with babies I would call animal control for them to be removed humanely, I would do my best to ensure they are not killed.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
I also doubt animal control would remove it humanely, I'd bet they just take it out given the ignorance of most people. That said if you got a catch cup then cup it and take pictures. Most NW species are pretty easy to cup.