is this a Togo?

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd say Stromatopelma, but then I need some sleep. ;) The femurs on leg IV in Heteroscodra spp. are pretty square in cross-section, but less so in Stromatopelma.

Just to cover my ass, I should say that 1) I've never owned any examples of either species, and 2) I Aient no rockett Scientistt!

Steve

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
That one definately looks like a feather leg to me.
Togo's arent that furry, mine is kinda furry but now to that extent... mostly only longer hairs on its back legs. But that I would definately say is a Feather Leg, hope thats the answer you were lookin for

Peace

TheDon

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
now see my new togo I got has long hair, but its all over the legs. the one in the pic is mostly on the sides of the legs witch makes them look like little "feathers". thats what had me worried. so now that means I got a new species that I didn't know I had.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
totally

Thoes evil Stromatopelmas(feather legs) yeah you can totally tell by their eyes how evil they are and their legs are fuffy and feathery;P . Yeah I know that evil face:8o.
BTW I'm scared of that genus now:(

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
now see my new togo I got has long hair, but its all over the legs. the one in the pic is mostly on the sides of the legs witch makes them look like little "feathers". thats what had me worried. so now that means I got a new species that I didn't know I had.
Do you have a photo you can post?

Steve

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Front leg hairs show me pretty much.. look at the pattern they make.. looks like a feather where a "Knuckles" on the legs Begin and end

Ian

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is definitely a S. calceatum. I can't say for sure but it also looks male. Can you get a pic of the underside?

Atrax

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah it might be a while though. its in premolt and its not moving around much. but after the molt ill fatten it up and snap off some pics

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, I'm drunk but here goes.. heres my togo..

I think ya got a S calceatum there. Hard to see abdomen shape in your pic, but the H. maculata's abdomen isn't really round.. it looks more like .. um, this..

also note the thinner/different spinnerettes on yours..

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok, now i'm depressed! i just bought a new H.maculata to replace a dead S.calceatum. definite difference in the two! wish i'd seen this pic before the expo!

Kristin:(

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok my H. maculata's abdomin is kinda round at least moreso than that picture. and I'm sure this is a togo, the abdomin markings are definate. but I do see what you mean about the spinneretts.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Does any body have a pic of a mature Male H. maculata?, i recently purchased one that i had my doubts of it being a S. calceatum also. The one that i bought looks like the first picture in this thread. I believe they are both S. calceatum. I will post a pic of mine tommorow.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like the S.calceatum that I used to have! Now I have a H. maculata. They are both nice additions to a collection though.

Andy