Is this A. seemanni's abdomen a healthy size?

NoStoneUnturned Herps

Arachnopeon
Yesterday I picked this guy up at repticon and noticed (probably he) has a very small abdomen. I'm not sure if it is healthy or not how small it is and I'm probably going to feed him more often and I also provided a water dish. Is this small size bad for him? And if I do increase the feeding schedule how often should I feed him. Plz I'm kinda worried about this. Pics below. Thanks.

Attachments

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Males have smaller abdomens. My female's is much larger. Feed yours up and see if it grows larger -- and check for gender next moult.
A seemannis like deeper substrate for burrowing and prefer a little more moisture than other aphonopelmas require. Not wet, just a slightly dampened area and always offer a waterbowl.

cold blood

Staff member
A small abdomen is not a sign of anything bad...it just means its recently molted. All ts are slim after molting, then they fatten and molt and the cycle starts again. It should be hungry....but its size is in no way, shape or form alarming...don't feel the need to fatten it fast, this will only lead to excessive fasting once it plumps.

Now I say this, but there is another thing...if it is a mature male (many shady sellers pawn them off to unsuspecting newbies) it would have a small abdomen...but it would also have emboli at the ends of its palps...post a pic of the ends of the palps to be sure you didn't get scammed.

NoStoneUnturned Herps

Arachnopeon
A small abdomen is not a sign of anything bad...it just means its recently molted. All ts are slim after molting, then they fatten and molt and the cycle starts again. It should be hungry....but its size is in no way, shape or form alarming...don't feel the need to fatten it fast, this will only lead to excessive fasting once it plumps.

Now I say this, but there is another thing...if it is a mature male (many shady sellers pawn them off to unsuspecting newbies) it would have a small abdomen...but it would also have emboli at the ends of its palps...post a pic of the ends of the palps to be sure you didn't get scammed.
Ok ill try to get a better pic of that and also if he is a male I didn't get totally scammed since he was only $20

cold blood

Staff member
Ok ill try to get a better pic of that and also if he is a male I didn't get totally scammed since he was only $20
he was certainly priced like a mature male...if that's the case, don't expect much of an appetite and don't expect it to live very long.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'm pretty sure @Blue Jaye has a mature female if this spider turns out to be a MM. Might want to reach out to her.