Is this a rosie?

TigerLily87

Arachnopeon
Just would like to know if my sub-adult is a rosie or another Grammostola species?
My cam flash made her look orangey but shes actually more of a brown. She has no pink carapace and even though she looks as though shes about to pop [she came to me VERY well fed lol!] shes not coming up for a molt anytime soon.
You thoughts are much appreciated :)

Attachments

TigerLily87

Arachnopeon
Well to me she doesn't look like a juvie rosie, she is a much lighter brown and no pink carapace, her carapace isn't shiny or anything.
I just wish I could get a positive ID! If not I'll just have to wait a few molts and see if she changes in any way.
I'm pretty sure shes some kind of Grammostola! Any other ideas? That would be cool if shes a pulchra considering she was given to me for free lol {D

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
How big is it? And ventral shot may also help people id it. Not familiar with grammies honestly but it's gorgeous regardless

TigerLily87

Arachnopeon
Aww thank you :) yeh I love her no matter what she is even though shes a grumpy lil thing! Shes maybe 2.5/3" I have a couple ventral shots I didn't know you could ID a species that way lol.

Attachments

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
I've seen ventral shots asked for before in id threads, I'm guessing its just small variances in the genus

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks very much so like my G.pulchra juvie but haven't seen juvie rosea pics
That looks nothing like a G. pulchra juvie.

Both of mine were very dark by that size IMO you're way off the mark and it looks more like a G. rosea sling.

If it was a G. pulchra I think the OP would have gotten more than he bargained for in a excellent way.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like G. rosea. I have one that's about 4.5" and it's orange and brown. Very very little purple on the carapace, mostly brown. I call it the OCF.

web eviction

Arachnolord
It's a Rosea mine didn't get her purple carapace till about 51/5 inches she was dirt brown all the way around lol up until that point .

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think it looks like a rosie but it's difficult to tell for certain at that size. In another molt or two she should start really developing more adult coloration so you can tell for sure.

Let it be a mystery for a while, she's not going anywhere.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Dont know if it is the camera but it looks a bit red, could be a Grammostola rosea "RCF"

TigerLily87

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone! And yeh a pulchra would have been a big surprise! But I doubted it could be one, shes much too grumpy lol {D
Although saying that the LPS that gave me her, has also given us a rosie that turned out to be a 'concepcion' and a H.mac sling that turned out to be an OBT :? lol!
I will just call her a rosie unless she changes drastically in the next couple molts...she needs to molt soon with that big booty!

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Attached is a pic of an RCF rosie sling, the flash washes out the color some though.

Attachments

TigerLily87

Arachnopeon
Thats what the RCF's look as babies? Coz I know they get REALLY bright red when they get bigger I've seen them at my LPS and pics online.
Coz your pic is my girl's twin haha dead on! My flash makes her look orangey but she looks exactly like this :)
So the RCF juvies look different to 'regular' rosie juvies? Sorry so many questions, just find this interesting to know!

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------