Is this a problem?

Pocketman

Arachnopeon
I have got my second tarantula and put a decorative item with holes in it, is it ok if the t goes inside? There is a big opening on the bottom so if he gets stuck I can get him out. Should I take it out or nah?

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It’s fine. If it can get in, it can get out. Even if it molted in there it could just dig out.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I'd be more concerned about the pointy bit at the top than that the Tarantula will get stuck inside. .

sasker

Arachnoprince
That's either a very big spider, or a very small tardis. Either way, it's fine to leave it in.

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
It’ll be fine because small tardi are even bigger on the inside than regular tardi. :troll:

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Which genus is this one? If it's Phlogius, I've personally found they much prefer wooden hides over plastic ones, they usually dig under it and this way there's no risk of it somehow getting stuck

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
I'd make a little burrow hole leading underneath it as an official "entrance" to it a little bigger than the current hole on the side, so it can go in and out with the hole you make in the substrate. This way it can move substrate around to make the "entrance" wider if it molts inside it.