is this a normal poop?

arielle

Arachnopeon
9C5A05BF-84F9-45F3-9E5E-A3A5F973CB5A.jpeg
it seems relatively normal but the reason i am wondering is because this girl hasn’t eaten in about three weeks and i’ve noticed she has been making lots of these beige-ish liquid poops all over the place.

it just seems unusual to me because she had one cricket about three weeks ago so it seems strange that she would be pooping so much now? i would say this is probably the fourth big liquidy blob this week.

i am probably worrying over nothing, but i’ve just been a little concerned about this girl for a while because for a while now she has been trying so hard to get out of her enclosure that she’s getting bald spots on her abdomen from her hairs getting rubbed off by substrate. i know that it’s normal for tarantulas to climb the walls (and i have plenty of substrate so she is not at risk of injury), it just seems excessive so i am just starting to wonder if something might be wrong.

thanks for any input!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
okay great to know, thanks! i knew it was probably nothing to worry about but i needed my mind to be put at rest
You can always do a taste test. If you feel the urge to check for abnormalities.
Also.. is your she actually a he?

arielle

Arachnopeon
You can always do a taste test. If you feel the urge to check for abnormalities.
Also.. is your she actually a he?
lol how hilarious.
and no, she is a she as far as i’m aware. i bought her as a confirmed adult female but she hasn’t molted in my care for me to confirm, although i don’t have any doubt it’s female. why do you ask?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
she’s getting bald spots on her abdomen from her hairs getting rubbed off by substrate.
By the ado men dragging on the substrate? Can you post pictures of the entire tarantula please?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes, never saw so much written about T poop

Excessive? Nothing is excessive for a convict.

arielle

Arachnopeon
By the ado men dragging on the substrate? Can you post pictures of the entire tarantula please?
her abdomen isn’t dragging on the substrate, it happens when she climbs the walls and then loses grip and falls so her abdomen then touches the substrate
51620E97-D555-48AD-B917-1EBF1B5AF913.jpeg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
her abdomen isn’t dragging on the substrate, it happens when she climbs the walls and then loses grip and falls so her abdomen then touches the substrate
View attachment 385078
How much height is between substrate level and lid?, taking repeated falls and landing on abdomen is extremely concerning. Post pictures of your set up.

arielle

Arachnopeon
How much height is between substrate level and lid?, taking repeated falls and landing on abdomen is extremely concerning. Post pictures of your set up.
i already said that she has sufficient amount of substrate in my original post and that she is not at risk of injury but here is a picture anyways and you can see when she’s on the glass she’s only an inch off the substrate
D5015FF6-5354-427C-BB46-0A0676726A32.jpeg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
i already said that she has sufficient amount of substrate in my original post and that she is not at risk of injury but here is a picture anyways and you can see when she’s on the glass she’s only an inch off the substrate
Well yeah sorry but ive learned not to take newcomers by their word about what they think is adequate, because more than likely they have not gotten their info here.

Anyway good thanks, all checks out!