Is this a mouth rot?

olll

Arachnosquire
Sorry for having so much questions. If you remember the ball python I got 1 month ago. She is doing very well, eating and pooping regularly. My I saw this on her mouth, is this a mouth rot? If so, any way to treat it? image.jpg

olll

Arachnosquire
What could have caused this? Was your guy’s ball python care journey this difficult?

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
picture is not clear enough to really tell least i cant. have you checked or asked on that canadian ball python forum i gave you a link to?

olll

Arachnosquire
I asked my other friends they said the it is fine if she doesn’t have IR. Some of my friends snake also seem to be having that problem. It should be clear enough to see the damage.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
With suspected infections you can always go to a vet, explain the issue, and ask for a swab test kit. Get their info on how to do it and how they want it done. Then take a swab of the infection and give it to the vet. They will culture it and give you a report on what if any infection is present. You may have to try several vets to get one that is cooperative. If you know of a lab that deals with the general public you can take the swab there instead. A culture will normally take anywhere from 24 hours to about 10 days depending on how exacting you want it narrowed down.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Awful pic but to me it looks like a bite off a rat/mouse. If I remember correctly she also has other scars on her body too which to me says she was fed live and took some bites.

olll

Arachnosquire
Awful pic but to me it looks like a bite off a rat/mouse. If I remember correctly she also has other scars on her body too which to me says she was fed live and took some bites.
So sad, when I got her I did seen those. Her doesn’t have blockage through. A46ABB3F-A9A3-4AB7-8DAE-63D584C21BC3.png

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
just looks like a small chunk of its bottom lip got bit off by a feeder in the past . guessing you were unable to see the snake before purchase

olll

Arachnosquire
I was able to, but I only checked for IR, mites and parasites. Did not check for scars.😭