Is this a molt?

Jaydee

Arachnopeon
Be careful on the screen tops for those terrestrial kits. Since the hole is in the center of the top you should be okay, but if you notice that your T is climbing a lot at some point it may be better to swap out the lid with a replacement taken from the same size AMAC at The Container Store.
Will do she dosent climb much she only did once and that was when I put the cricket in there.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Be sure to keep your G.rosea and C.cyaneopubescens (Gbb) predominantly dry, they need a little moisture because they are slings, but especially Gbb hate wet substrate.

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
Be careful on the screen tops for those terrestrial kits. Since the hole is in the center of the top you should be okay, but if you notice that your T is climbing a lot at some point it may be better to swap out the lid with a replacement taken from the same size AMAC at The Container Store.
I have three in use & monitor them daily. No gnawing...yet. The bigger problem is that the screens are so large it's impossible to retain humidity, the top inch of sub is bone dry within hours. Cover them up & it turns into a sauna. Now every one has a spare change of varying sizes hot glued to it to decrease the ventilation appropriately. Not sure why I thought that was a good idea.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
You mix moss into the substrate for burrowers? Or do you add it on the surface of the substrate?
There was a thread recently where the subject came up, some people (me included) had witnessed that the T's seemed to avoid walking on it due to the texture. Too soft and unstable. My input was that i had some moss in my E.campestratus' enclosure. She is nit a heavy webber, but she was quick to web it up and push it in the corner to not to be touched again.
Interesting...my B. boehmei has some dry moss in her enclosure for decorative purposes and seems to rather enjoy walking on it. She spends more time on the moss than on her substrate.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I have three in use & monitor them daily. No gnawing...yet. The bigger problem is that the screens are so large it's impossible to retain humidity, the top inch of sub is bone dry within hours. Cover them up & it turns into a sauna. Now every one has a spare change of varying sizes hot glued to it to decrease the ventilation appropriately. Not sure why I thought that was a good idea.
I did not mean for gnawing. I also have three in use. I meant for getting a tarsal claw hung on it. But I suspect it is still not a large risk with the screen in the middle. People have mentioned that the solution for aquarium screens is to put tape around the perimeter so I suspect the plastic will do similar here.

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
Interesting...my B. boehmei has some dry moss in her enclosure for decorative purposes and seems to rather enjoy walking on it. She spends more time on the moss than on her substrate.
I guess we all sometimes lose sight of the fact that each T is an individual and that what works for one might not for another of the same species. Advice here is given based on individual experiences and suggestions are given to help solve a particular situation or worrying behavior. We all need to use this info as well as common sense, trial and error (within reason) and we need to get to know our individual and what they like the best. :happy:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I see my E. Sp. Tiger sitting on a patch of Sphagnum moss quite often too. Of course she is constantly on the move so she doesn't sit anywhere for long. I debated on removing it, but haven't so far.

Jaydee

Arachnopeon
Be sure to keep your G.rosea and C.cyaneopubescens (Gbb) predominantly dry, they need a little moisture because they are slings, but especially Gbb hate wet substrate.
Oh awesome thanks for the advice I did not know that I'll be sure to keep the substrate dry.:)