Is this a mite?

Lessej

Arachnopeon
Last night I found a bunch, maybe 30 or more, of these little buggers in my large water dish/pool for my P. adspersus, "Pixie Frog." See bug on my finger with penny for size comparison. The picture was the best quality I could do, it looked like a miniature ant with two antennae.
20170503_170208.jpg
They were floating on top the water and when I lifted the dish up I found the same things crawling through the eco earth. I immediately took the frog out and trashed all of the substrate and wiped clean the whole enclosure and put new substrate in. Today I got home from work and found one single bug in the water dish, so either I missed some or the frog had one or more on him I'm thinking.

Any idea what I'm dealing with here and the solutions are for it? Thanks!

sasker

Arachnoprince
Sorry, but this blurred blotch could be anything. Have you seen any other suspects mites since?

Lessej

Arachnopeon
I know, the picture quality is pretty bad but I figured it was worth a shot. Thanks for the reply!

I actually haven't seen any bugs since I found the single bug the day after I changed the substrate. They seemingly exploded nearly overnight and with the exception of the one bug I found the next day they're all gone now. I'm guessing thats just due to a thorough cleaning of the enclosure. Hopefully wont see them again. They seemed to survive just fine both floating on top the water and crawling in the substrate.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Weird. Luckily you managed to get rid of them. That's all that matters for now :)

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Do you feed your Frog Crickets? it is possible that a cricket might have laid some young in the soil and what you are seeing is all of them?

I'm ONLY saying this because of the picture, its hard to tel but it looks kind of like, and is the right size to be a freshly born cricket, but i really don't know to be honest.