is this a male p metallica?

bradpaden

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is about time for a molt but it is right at 4 inches now not sure why you say its small

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
That's a male. I think what smalls meant was that the pics were a little dark and a little bit blurry. Thankfully, it's clear enough to sex, and I think he, and all the others, are correct.

So I have a question. I've read that metallica are difficult or impossible to sex dorsally, yet I always see that females develop a white abdomen stripe, while males have that darkish messy stripe down the middle of it. Is this right, or is it not as clear cut as I think?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's a male. I think what smalls meant was that the pics were a little dark and a little bit blurry. Thankfully, it's clear enough to sex, and I think he, and all the others, are correct.

So I have a question. I've read that metallica are difficult or impossible to sex dorsally, yet I always see that females develop a white abdomen stripe, while males have that darkish messy stripe down the middle of it. Is this right, or is it not as clear cut as I think?
My male has a pure white stripe, so did the male before it LOL!!

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
one thing ive noticed about the females is after a molt they have a golden yellow pattern down the abdomen, were as the male stays plain...perhaps thats just my two females and one male but it only seems to happen with the two girls. any thoughts on that?