Is this a good trade??? or not???

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This dude on here wants 2 trade me sum species of true spiders that often mistaken for widows but they call them "false widows" for my P. lugardi is this a good trade or not???

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If I'm thinking of what he's trying to trade you I would say no. Of course it really depends on your preference. Do you like true spiders or Ts more?

Depending on where your located at, you can just go catch some "false widoes" on your own.

I believe he's trying to sell you some Steatoda spp. probably grossa.

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
idk...

i really dont kno never seen any here in virginia where i live ive seen only one real black widow in my day and i was like 13 maybe or 12 idk really. never saw any brown recluses either all ive seen is jumping spiders orb weavers and these big brown spiders who make webs havent seen non ein years but aint been out much i guess id have 2 look under old wood and stuff but idk he lives in colorado so idk i guess i will

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i really dont kno never seen any here in virginia where i live ive seen only one real black widow in my day and i was like 13 maybe or 12 idk really. never saw any brown recluses either all ive seen is jumping spiders orb weavers and these big brown spiders who make webs havent seen non ein years but aint been out much i guess id have 2 look under old wood and stuff but idk he lives in colorado so idk i guess i will

It's really up to you though, I personally wouldn't trade a T for a Steatoda spp.(assuming that's what it is). I can catch you many here for free if you really want them, or you can even trade me your P.lugardi for 10-20 of these "false" widows.

Before you come to any conclusions, have you seen the spiders or do you have a picture?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yea

yea ive saw a pic of em and ur right it is that species but i c u live in cali no offence i do like my lugardi but idk he live sin colorado a lil closer 2 virginia im tryin 2 get sumthing else from him i payed 26 for my lugardi

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dont know much about true spiders, other than black widows and the few I see around the house, but, I would think you could find a true spider in your backyard faster than you could find, say a spider from south america, I wouldnt trade a T for a true spider unless it was pink... you know what I'm saying???

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yea ive saw a pic of em and ur right it is that species but i c u live in cali no offence i do like my lugardi but idk he live sin colorado a lil closer 2 virginia im tryin 2 get sumthing else from him i payed 26 for my lugardi
I can send you some of the Steatoda spp. from Cali if you'd really like. Just pay priority shipping and I assure you they will make the trip, anyways even a P.lugardi is not worth trading for that.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would say, keep the P. lugardi.

Now if it were for a few of those L. mactans "Laos", maybe. But definitely not for Steatoda, imho.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
it all depends on what the false widows are

there are a lot of species of them and some are pretty awesome looking

P. lugardi is like, the lowest run of WC adult tarantulas as far as i am concerned

if the trade was for a nice colorform of Steatoda paykulliana it would almost definitely be worth it. if it was for some random "boring" looking Steatoda then it is more a question of what you like more.

incidentily, if you looked at some of the posts by other virginians or states around you, you will see that there is all kinds of stuff for you to wild catch yourself

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This dude on here wants 2 trade me sum species of true spiders that often mistaken for widows but they call them "false widows" for my P. lugardi is this a good trade or not???
Heck no. I would never trade any T, common or not for true spiders. I'm sure if you wanted any true spiders you could get someone here to capture them for you for a small fee or trade. The rarest True spider is not worth the most common T to me... But that's just my opinion.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Keep the lugardi. This guy is getting these spiders free out of the wild and getting a spider he'd have 2 pay for out of it!

We get Steatoda grossa (false widows) here in the UK. Millions of the little buggers!

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Its totally up to you. First find what species it is you'll be getting, and how many. Then decide if its worth it to you. IMO, lugardi is only worth as much as you like it.

Heck no. I would never trade any T, common or not for true spiders. I'm sure if you wanted any true spiders you could get someone here to capture them for you for a small fee or trade. The rarest True spider is not worth the most common T to me... But that's just my opinion.
There are plenty of true spiders way more expensive then T's. It all depends on your preference. I'll trade T's for true spiders all the time.

-Sean