Is this a good idea?—feeder question

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
So I’ve been thinking about feeders and where to put them, basically, my thought is to put crickets,mealworms,superworms,and Dubias all in one big container (a clear tote) I’ve been keeping mealworms, super worms and Dubias in the same container and there thriving pretty well so why not put them in a bigger container and add a few crickets? What do you guys think?

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I've got lesser mealworms in my dubia colony. There must have been some in there to begin with. The mealworms have since multiplied, and don't appear to be in the way. Some folks sell lesser mealworms specifically as a clean up crew for dubias.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I've got lesser mealworms in my dubia colony. There must have been some in there to begin with. The mealworms have since multiplied, and don't appear to be in the way. Some folks sell lesser mealworms specifically as a clean up crew for dubias.
Same, but in my cricket bin -- they pretty much live under the crickets' food dish. Nice way to feed my smaller slings when I can't get to the store to buy more crickets for a week. You know, lest my G. pulchra sling waste away to nothing because I don't feed it for three days in a row 🙄🐷

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Same, but in my cricket bin -- they pretty much live under the crickets' food dish.
Yep, in my case, they're under the dubia's food dish

Nice way to feed my smaller slings when I can't get to the store to buy more crickets for a week. You know, lest my G. pulchra sling waste away to nothing because I don't feed it for three days in a row 🙄🐷
So you're a fellow power feeder. :cool: We gotta get those slings grown up.

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crickets should be kept separately. They die easily. What a mess that would be. Just keep feeders by themselves.