is this a good enclosure for my baby ?

alxandra

Arachnopeon
hey guys. had my baby for a little over a month now ans just want to check with you guys that this enclosure is fine for my juvenile curly hair? they just chill in the corner above their hide under the leaves and honestly i’m scared they’re stressed out( i don’t know?) they did burrow at first and then decided they like being on top of the hide out in the open? and that’s why they just smush themselves in the corner.
i knows it’s a little big ( completely miss understood how large the box was)so that’s why i’ve filled it with fake plants in order to give them lots of things to either hide or just feel around with so they feel safe, also means they can just grow into one enclosure so i don’t have to move them around. they have a cork hide aswell as a water dish also a large amount of substrate. also do we think they’re going into pre molt? as they haven’t eaten in a week? and their back looks shiny???. any help is perfect :).

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
That will work. However, you can remove half the foliage to prevent hiding feeders. And Two, your T is in heavy premolt. So no need to feed. Leave it alone as much as possible

Liquifin

Arachnoking
That enclosure is quite large for it, but it'll probably do fine. I also recommend removing a bit of the flowers as it will create hiding spots for feeders to hide on when feeding your little one. Also as previously stated, it's in heavy pre-molt, so leave it alone and give it time to molt and recover post-molt before removing the extra flowers. Also you can take out the rocks in the water dish because it's unnecessary and a tarantula can drink fine without rocks in its water dish.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
it appears there is a small glass vial in there, is that correct? If so, Purpose? I concur, reduce the foliage and the water dish doesn't really need rocks. You are going to be pulling that out and cleaning fairly often.
I also concur, let that baby molt

alxandra

Arachnopeon
That enclosure is quite large for it, but it'll probably do fine. I also recommend removing a bit of the flowers as it will create hiding spots for feeders to hide on when feeding your little one. Also as previously stated, it's in heavy pre-molt, so leave it alone and give it time to molt and recover post-molt before removing the extra flowers. Also you can take out the rocks in the water dish because it's unnecessary and a tarantula can drink fine without rocks in its water dish.
wonderful,
I only really feed them mealworms and tend to just pass it to him in his corner so feeders hiding isn’t a problem but i’ll probably remove the extra flowers anyway after they molt to create room if it won’t stress them. About the rocks I was just so scared cause i’ve seen posts about drowning? and it’s quite a deep water bowl.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
wonderful,
I only really feed them mealworms and tend to just pass it to him in his corner so feeders hiding isn’t a problem but i’ll probably remove the extra flowers anyway after they molt to create room if it won’t stress them. About the rocks I was just so scared cause i’ve seen posts about drowning? and it’s quite a deep water bowl.
Tarantulas don't drown as easily as you think. I wouldn't worry about it drowning as it'll mostly avoid the water dish unless needed. Most of the time, a tarantula will use the water dish for disposing extra substrate when digging.

alxandra

Arachnopeon
it appears there is a small glass vial in there, is that correct? If so, Purpose? I concur, reduce the foliage and the water dish doesn't really need rocks. You are going to be pulling that out and cleaning fairly often.
I also concur, let that baby molt
you are correct! i’m a practising wiccan and it’s a small protection spell jar sealed with wax I created for them to have long life and health (right after i popped it in they started to go into pre molt) so i feel it’s working for me. nothing harmful in it that could upset the baby poison or whatnot wise i’ve already checked!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
you are correct! i’m a practising wiccan and it’s a small protection spell jar sealed with wax I created for them to have long life and health (right after i popped it in they started to go into pre molt) so i feel it’s working for me. nothing harmful in it that could upset the baby poison or whatnot wise i’ve already checked!
I’m going to start doing that for all of mine. Get my brachypelmas to molt quicker. I think you’re onto something.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I figured as much. If it was a GBB it would just get webbed over. I have the same water dish for one of my Ts. If the T is big enough to straddle it, it isn't a threat

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I may have to try this jar technique. I’ve been blowing smoke up their behinds and all’s it got me was a pack a day habit.

alxandra

Arachnopeon
I’m going to start doing that for all of mine. Get my brachypelmas to molt quicker. I think you’re onto something.
maybe i’ll set up a business and sell them to all of you, i’m obviously just more in tune with my eight legged friend then you guys are 😉

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
i’m a practising wiccan and it’s a small protection spell jar
Very cool that you incorporate your faith into your hobby! I'm sure some people think it's silly, but it's clearly significant to you and doesn't harm that spider, so I say more power to you

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
maybe i’ll set up a business and sell them to all of you, i’m obviously just more in tune with my eight legged friend then you guys are 😉
not to burst your bubble, but if you were more in tune you wouldn't have cluttered the floor space;) But yes, perhaps you can develop spiritual guidance for T Keeping

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Remove stones from dish
Ts molt without jars. One has nothing to do with the other.

Remove stones from dish