Is this a good deal?

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I went to my first reptile expo sunday, its was pretty awesome. Course i had to come home with some spiders. The guy i bought them from was pretty awesome. He sold me a P. irminia and a P. Regalis both around 3 inches for $100. Question is do you think there big enough to sex yet??
He said hed throw in 4 baby scorpions in if i took the deal, so i did. I don't know anything bout them, don't even know what species they are or how to take care of em.
Ill post some pics up in a sec of course.

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heres the two t's i got!!
P. Irminia

P. Regalis

If you can sex them plz give it a try
P. Irminia ventral

P. Regalis Ventral (I wanna say female but im pretty inexperienced)

THx much appreciated

BTW...This is what im keeping them in what do you think??

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not a bad deal!The regalis however is a male!You can see that big round black dot between the book lungs which gives it away ;]
The enclosures look fine but you may need to re-house them when they molt a couple times.
-Chris

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not a bad deal... Not great either but, not bad.

I would say both were male though;)

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm thinking male on both as well but read up on the thread about sexing via exuium (shed exoskeleton) and confirm it next time they molt or possibly successive molts that is if they allow you get it from them :)

Also, in regards to molting and sexing them, make sure not to take the molt if they are around it or sometimes using it for a chew toy initially. Give them some time to harden up or wait until they cast it from their burrow or place of hide first.

I figure you know this but..

Also a scorpion that's asexual? I'm not sure about that but I've never kept them nor had interest so maybe but I would call foul on that statement :)

BillyG

Arachnopeon
:?3 inches for $100??i think market is more expensive than internet,because on internet there's plenty choices.I bought my suntiger 4 inches for $50 on internet,I think you should definitely try that.

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:?3 inches for $100??i think market is more expensive than internet,because on internet there's plenty choices.I bought my suntiger 4 inches for $50 on internet,I think you should definitely try that.
Yeah but you are forgetting the $30 Express shipping that you likely paid to get LAG. That's $80 instead of $50.

If you managed to get both for $50, then you are looking at $160 instead of the $100 he paid, plus he got 4 free scorps.

BillyG

Arachnopeon
Yeah but you are forgetting the $30 Express shipping that you likely paid to get LAG. That's $80 instead of $50.

If you managed to get both for $50, then you are looking at $160 instead of the $100 he paid, plus he got 4 free scorps.
Oh my bad my bad:wall::wall:!!!i thought you said EACH for $100.i didn't saw 4 free scorpions as well!!then you are the luckiest guy ever,i think it's so worth $100 especially include that P.regalis:drool:! Bless that man's soul!!

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think the irminia looks very male.

The CG = Centruroides gracilis.

TS=Tityus stigmurus

BJ=Babycurus Jacksoni

TA=Tityus asthenes

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thx for your insight guys. Anyone one else pretty sure there both males, i was hoping for at least one female.

Well i found out what the scorpions were and that, that alone was a really good deal. :D so im happy.

Damn you need to hook me up with your dealer lol.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Damn, lol well looks like im gonna have to find these fellas some ladies.
Having males are not all that bad. You may not have a long lived pet but when they mature you can loan them out or sell them. Trading too. Breeders are somewhat generous in trade when you have the key ingredient to a fertile sac! :}

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think $100 for just the spiders, which the dealer probably knew were male, would have been a bad deal.

However, you got some really awesome scorpions. They are worth the deal!