Is this a Birdeater for sure ?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I'm sure my sub adult P. cancerides would LOVE a chick. I have not really fed it, as I plan on getting bigger prey over dubias, but I don't see why not. As long as you make sure the T isn't being hurt :D May be a little cruel to some, but circle of life ;) Prey is prey IMO
You make a good point,and I agree to a certain extent, but where do we draw the line? What classifies as prey? I mean a tarantula would eat pretty much anything that moves, would you feed it another smaller T since it looks at it as prey? Or a small kitten, or a chihuahua puppy? Just cause it COULD doesn't mean you SHOULD...

You get my meaning. Circle of life doesn't really apply here, as the animal is living in a controlled environment and we are the ones supplying food. I'm more concerned with the cruelty behind feeding a baby chick or mammal when it's isn't necessary and/or likely to happen naturally, plus most Ts really don't require that sort of meal, unless it's extremely emaciated and you have nothing else to feed it. JMO...

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm sure my sub adult P. cancerides would LOVE a chick. I have not really fed it, as I plan on getting bigger prey over dubias, but I don't see why not. As long as you make sure the T isn't being hurt :D May be a little cruel to some, but circle of life ;) Prey is prey IMO
LOL I guess. I'd much rather feed two large adult female dubias (which is likely more than enough for any T meal regardless of size) than a chick, pinkie or anything like that. I got no problem feeding mice/rats as I do it all the time with my snake Fred. It's not necessary and is more hassle to clean up for Ts IMO.

If most people found themselves having to participate in the circle of life they would likely crap themselves as they ran like rabbits from a coyote. ;)

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Oh you are really mean