Is this a B. smithi trend?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It seems like whenever I read stories of Ts doing wierd things, moving waterbowls, pooping in strange places, and chewing lids, it seems that a lot of times it's B. smithi. Does anyone else notice this or is it just me? Because this morning I noticed my B. smithi turned it's hide UPSIDE DOWN!{D{D Kinda weird, not sure if I should put it back.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
haha i was thinking the same thing i currently have 4 smithi's and they all do weird things then again all of my T's seem to do weird things so idk if it's just a smithi thing

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My friend told me his B. Smithi dumped the round humidity gauge into her water bowl and burried the temp gauge under the substrate. The humidity gauge was full of water and read 95% humidity. We laughed and joked she was just testing the gauges...lol Or she was trying to tell him, "Would you please get rid of these things! I keep tripping over them!"...lol

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My friend told me his B. Smithi dumped the round humidity gauge into her water bowl and burried the temp gauge under the substrate. The humidity gauge was full of water and read 95% humidity. We laughed and joked she was just testing the gauges...lol Or she was trying to tell him, "Would you please get rid of these things! I keep tripping over them!"...lol
Lol! Funny creatures!{D

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine's a little odd, too. She filled her hide with substrate and is always climbing the walls, even though I have it nice and dry in there for her. :?

Lolita

Arachnoknight
okay one of my females has a perfectly good hide but instead of using it she sits ontop of it constantly my male likes to drag his water dish around all the time and my other female likes to lean up against the side of her tank

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
okay one of my females has a perfectly good hide but instead of using it she sits ontop of it constantly my male likes to drag his water dish around all the time and my other female likes to lean up against the side of her tank
Perfectly normal. My big girl sits on top of her roots and she very rarely gets off. Also, she did fill water dish with substrate few times when smaller. Now that she is big, she thinks that she is an Avicularia species and does enormously lot of web around her enclosure!

jgod790

Arachnoknight
You have all made up my mind. My next T without a doubt, is going to be a B. Smithi. I dont know why, but after the G rosea I went straight for a H. lividum. I should of gotten a B. smithi.

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
Honestly i think all t's can be wierd. But of my 2 my smithi is the oddest. I mist one side of her cage twice a week (she's in premolt) and her favorite thing to do is go to the wet side and try to climb the side. But since she's in premolt, she can't climb. So, she puts one leg on the ground and stretches her legs out. Sometimes, she'll sit in the water until it dries

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
My B.smithi is the only T among 20 Ts that fills its waterbowl with earth. Does this everytime.

osiris

Arachnopeon
my b. smithi does nothing at all which makes her odd knowing all urs do wierd stuff. lol