is this a B. bohemi?

Ricky ortiz

Arachnopeon
i bought this at a reptile show last year in sacramento and it was labled B. bohemi but i thought only the B.emilia had the black triangle patch on there carapace? what do you all think?

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ryan, that is one of the best looking boehmeis I've ever seen. She's a beaut.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Lots of younger boehmeis have a very pronounced black triangle on the carapace like that. I don't think all do though. I think I remember a brief discussion on the topic several months back.

You've got a cutie there. Maybe she'll grow up to be as gorgeous as Ryan's big girl there!

Hell... hopefully MINE will!

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely B. boehmi. B. emilia does not have a red patella.

compare this B. emilia's 2nd large leg segment from body to B. boehmi below

Last edited:

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
She is a looker. And that red is the true color, nothing photo shopped there. I few people that have been by my place can vouch for that!
Yep she is really pretty, Ryan if you get her to drop a sac let me know so I can get some slings form her. She aint nice though, I tried to hold her but it wasn't something she was very interested in doing.:cool:

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
My first thought was a hybrid, but maybe you just got a weird colored one. Either way, I like it!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My first thought was a hybrid, but maybe you just got a weird colored one. Either way, I like it!
And what exactly made you think that? Nothing about that little guy says anything other then boehmei.

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
he might have a ugly one and he's hating on that young boehmei...lol jk...again any male people..mature one????

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
And what exactly made you think that? Nothing about that little guy says anything other then boehmei.
I have never seen a triangle that dark in a boehmi though. Mine is almost the exact same size, and its carapace has some black in it, but nothing near that dark. All of the pics I have seen of them, including the ones posted in here, are the same. The knees are also very bright, but I guess thats not too uncommon. I probably just have a pale one. Overall, the coloring seemed...off.

Of course, this is all just what came to my mind, and I would trust you guys' judgment over mine.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There was some MM's is the F/S's today I think... I don't know that status now tho...