Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

is this a B. bohemi?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Ricky ortiz, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Ricky ortiz

Ricky ortiz Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    i bought this at a reptile show last year in sacramento and it was labled B. bohemi but i thought only the B.emilia had the black triangle patch on there carapace? what do you all think?
    [​IMG]

2. Looks like a boehmei to me.
    Here is my 8" adult female.
    [​IMG]

3. 7mary3

7mary3 Arachnodemon Old Timer

Ryan, that is one of the best looking boehmeis I've ever seen. She's a beaut.

4. She is a looker. And that red is the true color, nothing photo shopped there. I few people that have been by my place can vouch for that!

5. Amanda

Amanda Arachnolord Old Timer

Lots of younger boehmeis have a very pronounced black triangle on the carapace like that. I don't think all do though. I think I remember a brief discussion on the topic several months back.

You've got a cutie there. Maybe she'll grow up to be as gorgeous as Ryan's big girl there!

Hell... hopefully MINE will!

6. JayzunBoget

JayzunBoget Arachnobaron Old Timer

Definitely B. boehmi. B. emilia does not have a red patella.
    [​IMG]
    compare this B. emilia's 2nd large leg segment from body to B. boehmi below

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  7. Travis K

Travis K TravIsGinger Old Timer

Yep she is really pretty, Ryan if you get her to drop a sac let me know so I can get some slings form her. She aint nice though, I tried to hold her but it wasn't something she was very interested in doing.:cool:

8. Thrasher

Thrasher Arachnoknight Old Timer

I vouch for that

Heres mine newly shed.
    [​IMG]

9. bluegootty

bluegootty Arachnoknight

nice!!!!anyone got a mature male????anyone????

10. OldHag

OldHag ArachnoHag Old Timer

OO OO me too! My girl has been pining away for a few years waiting for a man.:rolleyes:

11. gambite

gambite Arachnoprince Old Timer

MD
    My first thought was a hybrid, but maybe you just got a weird colored one. Either way, I like it!

12. And what exactly made you think that? Nothing about that little guy says anything other then boehmei.

13. bluegootty

bluegootty Arachnoknight

he might have a ugly one and he's hating on that young boehmei...lol jk...again any male people..mature one????

14. gambite

gambite Arachnoprince Old Timer

MD
    I have never seen a triangle that dark in a boehmi though. Mine is almost the exact same size, and its carapace has some black in it, but nothing near that dark. All of the pics I have seen of them, including the ones posted in here, are the same. The knees are also very bright, but I guess thats not too uncommon. I probably just have a pale one. Overall, the coloring seemed...off.

Of course, this is all just what came to my mind, and I would trust you guys' judgment over mine.

15. Hamburglar

Hamburglar Arachnobaron Old Timer

There was some MM's is the F/S's today I think... I don't know that status now tho...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.