is this a a folf spider?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
:D A crawl to arms!!
This is PETA level crazy.
Not sure how my being a Peach Eating Theocritical Anal-orifice has to do with this. Oh! You mean the left wing animal protection fanatics? Since you demonize fanatics, a quote: "You must remember always that one mans God may be another man's fairy tale but both Gods and fairy tales have their place in this world."

Want to know if a dog breed is likely to be gentle? Why don't you go live with a wild bear?
Lived with one for 3 months. Turned our cabin door to kindling once. It seemed dedicated to spooking and possibly eating our horses. Fond memories of facing it down with my stable hand partner, us armed with a chain saw that wouldn't start and a frying pan.

Want to know if a species of tarantula is safe to have around children? Why don't you just let a handful of recluse loose in your house?
Many people do live with an assortment of Loxosceles. What's your point?

How dare you express interest in whether an animal tolerates humans. In fact how dare you collect them at all, that's not natural!
How dare I express an interest...? Who died and made you god? ... in whether an animal tolerates humans. Huh? Yes, I do have some concern and compassion for animals, human and other. Not quite sure how that would be considered a fault. In fact how dare you collect them at all, (I don't) that's not natural! You are apparently a far wiser person than I to have such surpassing knowledge of all relationships between homo sapien and the rest of the animal kingdom. I'd whisper that softly if I were you. You wouldn't want to upset your intestinal flora and fauna.

ah just throw them out into the glory of unsullied nature they love so much. See how long they last.
I lasted about 10 months living off the land, until the snow got near waist deep. My sis grabs about a month every year doing the same.

Last edited:

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
Buddy, you realize I was satirizing your "want to handle a wolf spider; better play with pit vipers" post, yeah? Not a thing I said was serious aside from the first sentence.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Buddy, you realize I was satirizing your "want to handle a wolf spider; better play with pit vipers" post, yeah? Not a thing I said was serious aside from the first sentence.
Then, if required, I extend my apple-ogies. One must be observant and cautious on this board, especially when @Chris LXXIX leaps into things. There was a little circle for a while of a now banned member going wholesale on the dislike/disagree button and he had his adoring sycophants licking his floor.

PS But I was not being ironic or satirical in suggesting Crotalids as a remedy for wild animal fondling. Bring in an animal that is unabashed and uninhibited in showing the entire world what the average animal thinks of humans in close proximity.

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
Then, if required, I extend my apple-ogies. One must be observant and cautious on this board, especially when @Chris LXXIX leaps into things. There was a little circle for a while of a now banned member going wholesale on the dislike/disagree button and he had his adoring sycophants licking his floor.
Ah, sorry about that. Forum politics get weird.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Too bad that I "don't lick other people floor" and I had with user jiacovazzi (because is jiacovazzi the one you are talking about) normal disagree on arguments as well.

Try something else if you don't like me, man :)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Too bad that I "don't lick other people floor" and I had with user jiacovazzi (because is jiacovazzi the one you are talking about) normal disagree on arguments as well.

Try something else if you don't like me, man :)
You boys are cracking me up.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I plan on taming my Sicarius through daily handling.
To be honest, my Sicarius is the only part of my small collection that I fully trust. I know it will be inside of it's enclosure, even if I don't see it. I know that I don't have to feed it all the time. At this point I can handle it but I'd rather not because I'm not that crazy. :astonished:

RTTB

Arachnoprince
The Sicarius handling thing was my jab at those who post pictures of buthids on their face or videos of taming/massaging giant centipedes. More power to you but don't endanger my hobby by getting media attention if you get hospitalized or die.