is this a a folf spider?

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
i found this guy last night looking for wolf spiders, is it maby an adolesent wolf spider 5BGXu5_D.jpg EcfcD9-B.jpg QDzGTEJd.jpg uxMv-lOE.jpg ZCP8MtDl.jpg 5BGXu5_D.jpg EcfcD9-B.jpg QDzGTEJd.jpg uxMv-lOE.jpg ZCP8MtDl.jpg 5BGXu5_D.jpg EcfcD9-B.jpg QDzGTEJd.jpg uxMv-lOE.jpg ZCP8MtDl.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
"folf" spider? Like, according to Totò movies where Italians loved to mock Germans (or Southern Italians of once, for that matter) Folkswagen or Fürstel ? o_O :kiss: :troll:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
can i handel it?
It's not dangerously venomous or especially defensive, if that's what you mean. (They are more likely to try to escape than bite.)

But I generally don't handle my pet spiders -- tarantulas or araneomorphs. I consider them to be more of a display pet, like fish. Handling creates an unnecessary risk of escape or injury (to the spider) and provides no benefit to the spider.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
It's not dangerously venomous or especially defensive, if that's what you mean. (They are more likely to try to escape than bite.)

But I generally don't handle my pet spiders -- tarantulas or araneomorphs. I consider them to be more of a display pet, like fish. Handling creates an unnecessary risk of escape or injury (to the spider) and provides no benefit to the spider.
ok *sighs under breath* (debby downer)... JK

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
For handling purposes, I'd recommend Atrax, Phoneutria or Crotalids. Walther-PK also makes an excellent toy.

Last edited:

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I plan on taming my Sicarius through daily handling.
Yeah I did some Googleing and there a very docile species so I'm gunna probably try handling it (with gloves a t first and if that goes well possibly without gloves)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Yeah I did some Googleing and there a very docile species so I'm gunna probably try handling it (with gloves a t first and if that goes well possibly without gloves)
Can't tell of this is a joke, but it's not a good idea. No point of risking a bite from a species with, I believe, 0 antivenin. Especially not in America. IMO, tiny spiders are too fast for me to actually handle. I would fear they could run off of my hand much more quickly than my slow T's can :D

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
Can't tell of this is a joke, but it's not a good idea. No point of risking a bite from a species with, I believe, 0 antivenin. Especially not in America. IMO, tiny spiders are too fast for me to actually handle. I would fear they could run off of my hand much more quickly than my slow T's can :D
He's talking about his wolf spider I'm sure, not Sicarius.

@Wolfspidurguy, these guys are just yanking your chain a bit because of the spelling mistakes. Nice spider you got there.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I was being funny. I'd maybe handle one with full sleeve Kevlar gloves.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer

That sums it up quite well. With the exception of a certain animal the keeper has established a special rapport with, handling the animal indicates it is regarded as something less than a zoological specimen and throws a shade on the motivations of the keeper and the hobby itself.

So allow me to correct my knee jerk snarking. Spiders MAY bite, inclusive of Phoneutria and Atrax. Not good enough if handling is your interest. Go straight to Crotalidae. Even up the odds with an animal that usually will express it's opinion of keeping animals just so they can be handled. Stress me out (or worse) = I stress you out (or worse).

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
Spiders MAY bite, inclusive of Phoneutria and Atrax. Not good enough if handling is your interest. Go straight to Crotalidae.
This is PETA level crazy. Want to know if a dog breed is likely to be gentle? Why don't you go live with a wild bear? Want to know if a species of tarantula is safe to have around children? Why don't you just let a handful of recluse loose in your house? How dare you express interest in whether an animal tolerates humans. In fact how dare you collect them at all, that's not natural!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
This is PETA level crazy.Why don't you go live with a wild bear?
I'd rather live with a bear, or a pig, or whatever animal than being forced to be even close to the point to breath the same air of one of those leftiest terrorist lowlife called PETA that I advocate against them a good Safari of "search & destroy" and later, being condemned to Damnatio Memoriae :kiss:

PETA = A cancer of the modern world.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
They're camouflaged so well unfortunately.
I hear you Man/Lady. You have a good point. But they can throw poop in the eyes of - I can't exactly use the proper words due to rulez - freaks that drink every garbage the neoliberal media offer them like guinea pigs. This thanks also to the "work" of the corrupted, anti traditionalism & tradition, freemason cocaine drug addicted walking garbage called "VIP" (like the Hollywood actor $$$ freaks) that promotes and support their disgusting, immoral, criminal activity. For fashion, cash and what else :-s

PETA supporters deserves to be hanged or burned like old good times ;-)

http://www.petauccideanimali.it/

Last edited: