Is there anything i can add

olll

Arachnosquire
Hi,I just got my first ball python 4 days ago, she’s an adult female. I am new to the hobby so is there any thing I should add. The air temp is usually 80, hot sport being 90 and cool his being 75. Humidity is 65 to 75. Is it a good idea to bring her to a vet so they can exam her. The cage is 35 x 16. Thank you for any help.
image.jpg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I keep mine on a bed mixture of eco-earth, forest floor and sphagnum moss. Helps hold humidity for where I live. Always has super clean sheds. I dunno.. all your conditions sound good.

olll

Arachnosquire
I keep mine on a bed mixture of eco-earth, forest floor and sphagnum moss. Helps hold humidity for where I live. Always has super clean sheds. I dunno.. all your conditions sound good.
Is the smell of plastic bad to them?

olll

Arachnosquire
I Did add them but it would take up floor space. She also pushes she hide and the paper towel. I only have one hide now in the center. I do have a XL half log and two 1 feet long fake plant, I could add them but when I try it, she was not interested in them.

Egon

Arachnosquire
In my experience snakes don’t like half logs because they like an enclosed hide with only one opening.

But I think a low, heavy branch to climb on could add some enrichment. Even non-arboreal snakes like to climb and rest on things.

The plant’s purpose is to give the snake a sense of security and not for it to interact or “play” with, so I’d add it back.

I keep my snakes on dirt in bioactive thanks, but in the absence of that, I think some type of substrate (aspen or coco fiber) would add a lot to your snake’s home and enrichment so it can tunnel around.

Good luck.

olll

Arachnosquire
I have also tried eco earth but it can’t transfer heat very well.