Is there any tips on how to get your spider to come out more and not be so shy?

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
Im not sure what he is I though he was a grass spider agelenopsis sp. but then after he moulted he took on a big cephathorax (probably a misspell) and some charcoal silver coloration with orange my phone is an ereader phone and doesn't share pics but I am probably going to be buying a camera.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Spiders are generally fairly timid - and many of them are also nocturnal. It is perfectly normal for them to spend much of their time in hiding, particularly if they are web-making species. (Active hunters like wolf spiders and tarantulas will spend more time prowling around looking for food when they are hungry, but ambush hunters and web makers tend to sit and wait for the food to come to them.)

If you want to see your spider more often, try adapting to his schedule. Observe him at night, with the lights turned low - or with a red light bulb instead of standard room lights. Keep still and quiet - and be patient. He's going to feel you entering the room, and may see you as well. To him, you are a large potential threat, so he's going to want to hide - but once you sit down, if you remain still for a while, he's going to forget you are there and resume normal activity, as long as you are not too close to the cage and there are no excess noises or vibrations.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Spiders are generally fairly timid - and many of them are also nocturnal. It is perfectly normal for them to spend much of their time in hiding, particularly if they are web-making species. (Active hunters like wolf spiders and tarantulas will spend more time prowling around looking for food when they are hungry, but ambush hunters and web makers tend to sit and wait for the food to come to them.)

If you want to see your spider more often, try adapting to his schedule. Observe him at night, with the lights turned low - or with a red light bulb instead of standard room lights. Keep still and quiet - and be patient. He's going to feel you entering the room, and may see you as well. To him, you are a large potential threat, so he's going to want to hide - but once you sit down, if you remain still for a while, he's going to forget you are there and resume normal activity, as long as you are not too close to the cage and there are no excess noises or vibrations.
This. Become furniture.

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the answers on this. For a while he seemed active I think it was because he was just webbing, now that that's finished he is always underneath his wooden hide surrounded by web tunnels. I am thinking of trying more of a variety of food for him to see if it adds anything I need to do it regardless. I can easily sneak to the area where his tank is and he is never out, even if I go in there to look at night I finally saw him yesterday at the edge of a tunnel. I thought he had escaped before then. I am going to try to get a pic downloaded from another device when I get my hands on it, but until then have any of you heard of a tunnel weaver type spider found in the grass that takes on orange coloration with silver all over? He got fairly large quick for a grass spider I recently saw on here a wolf spider genus from India that makes a web.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Im not sure what he is I though he was a grass spider agelenopsis sp. but then after he moulted he took on a big cephathorax (probably a misspell) and some charcoal silver coloration with orange my phone is an ereader phone and doesn't share pics but I am probably going to be buying a camera.
There are no tips for this, it’s not in their nature.

Your best point to view them is at night! :lol:

Want a friendly pet etc get a dog

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am going to try to get a pic downloaded from another device when I get my hands on it, but until then have any of you heard of a tunnel weaver type spider found in the grass that takes on orange coloration with silver all over? He got fairly large quick for a grass spider I recently saw on here a wolf spider genus from India that makes a web.
There is an entire family of spiders (the Agelenidae or funnel weavers) that are known for making those funnel-type webs, though they are not the only spiders to do so.. This is the family that includes the grass spiders (Agelenopsis sp.). Without a picture, it's hard to say what kind of spider he is.

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
Hahaha , I have a dog but yeah I get your point. I think alot of it has to do with the weather and how hungry they are After all the talk I mentioned about not seeing him, right now he is out all over the place following after a cricket not even minding me standing close to the tank. Its been bad weather here but we have had some moderate temps but it is perfect weather here finally and he is all over the place right now.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the answers on this. For a while he seemed active I think it was because he was just webbing, now that that's finished he is always underneath his wooden hide surrounded by web tunnels. I am thinking of trying more of a variety of food for him to see if it adds anything I need to do it regardless. I can easily sneak to the area where his tank is and he is never out, even if I go in there to look at night I finally saw him yesterday at the edge of a tunnel. I thought he had escaped before then. I am going to try to get a pic downloaded from another device when I get my hands on it, but until then have any of you heard of a tunnel weaver type spider found in the grass that takes on orange coloration with silver all over? He got fairly large quick for a grass spider I recently saw on here a wolf spider genus from India that makes a web.
Colouration varies pretty significantly. It's not a great way to ID most species. We'll need a clear photo.