is there a way to save an exuvium?

Kiv

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

I'm new here and am fairly new to the whole T keeping. But I do have a question. I have an A. Seemanni that molted a little while ago but unfortunatly I wasn't able get the exuvium out before it had dried. :? I was wondering if there is a way to make it pliable again so that I may get a better view of the inside of it. Any input would be great :)

Thanx to all!

Noel

Kiv

Arachnopeon
Cool, thanx for all the info, seems simple enough, I guess I just have to hope I don't destroy it while trying to open it up. She's molted a couple of other times, but I always seem to be a little too late. Thanx again!:)

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i take my spray bottle and blast it down with water. if your doing it on a tile floor spray it until there is a little puddle under the exuvium.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Someone reccomended to me that I put the exuvium into a large jar, half filled with wet cotton wool balls. Leave it in the jar for a hour and it should have softened enough to unfold. If not, wait longer.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have heard of using the water w/ dish soap method.

Andy

Kiv

Arachnopeon
Thanx for all the relies, I used the water and dish soap method and it worked like a charm. Thanx again for all the replies!:)