Is there a thread?

ISBW

Arachnopeon
Is there a thread for people who own tarantulas who want to talk about their pets but aren't extremely knowledgeable and want to remain that way? A thread for people who know the basics and just want to chat? :? Kind of like a thread for kids or people who don't want to make tarantulas a hobby? I hope that sounds okay. Kind of like an Animal Crossing thread for tarantula owners. {D

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There is an arachnochat chatroom, but I don't usualy see alot of people on it, and the topic of tarantulas usualy never comes up. I'm a little unsure of what your looking for..

Dreadlock Wolf

Arachnopeon
I get ya:clap:

It can be a wee bit intimidating everyone seems very knowledgeable and you can come across as a bit of a dumbass. But it is good to learn.

But Yeah feel free to talk about whatever you wish, this is an appreciation site after all. If i come across your topic ill gladly comment;)

Sooo,, whats on your mind about your T?

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha you'll find lots of people here at all levels of interest and knowledge. It can definitely be intimidating to post lest you get ragged on (I've done it and I've been the recipient of it). But it's not all scientific discussion, people post in here all the times the funny, interesting, and sometimes inane things they witness their Ts doing.

That said, I don't really understand the attitude "aren't extremely knowledgeable and want to remain that way." Why would you not want to increase your understanding of these amazing creatures (and like topics)?

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
There is a saying in Turkish that I love:

Not knowing something is not shameful but not learning when you have the chance is.

This place is a great pool of knowledge for us to use and I am glad for it.

ISBW

Arachnopeon
I am quite old and my learning needs to come in the form of the basics. I have so many other things going, I suppose when I was younger I could remember more things. (I used to be a medical transcriptionist.) Gee, I tried to hang up a picture today and dropped two nails before I finally could get one in. :wall:

But as it was mentioned, God is good, and that is truly seen in His creation. Tia ate three crickets and as she was eating on her half log, she took out her spinnerets and proceeded to go round and round until the top of the log was filled with beautiful web.

And, she even neatly packages her finished food so I don't have to pick up cricket parts. :8o

I am glad there are all levels of tarantula lovers here. :D

Last edited:

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I get what you're saying 100%. Tarantulas are pretty no frills animals, and one does not need to know scientific names or technical terms for anatomy, breeding, etc to be able to properly keep one. To keep many species, all you need to know is humditiy, temperature, substrate, hide, water, crickets, & molting process.
But to answer the original question, this would be a good place for your everyday tarantula banter in this very section. It would be good for you to learn all you can about any field you have an interest in, but as long as your T has the basics met, then its pretty inconsequencial either way.

ISBW

Arachnopeon
You are right

I learn so much by reading other posts and if I ever had a question, I know this site is the place to come.

I think what I am trying to say is I would like to get to know the people behind the tarantulas. I love my Tia but it is people who are really the connection I need.

If this isn't the place to do that, I will happily read the posts, enjoy learning about my new pet, and find another site to share (no, I won't be on Craig's list). {D

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you're referring to a place to talk about stuff that isn't animal-related (in other words, off-topic), join The Watering Hole.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
User CP in the top left of the screen. It is under Group memberships.