Is there a comprehensive list...

Paige Siegert

Arachnopeon
Of all current tarantula species being kept in the hobby? I know that’s a lot to ask, but I’m just starting out (two T’s so far!) and the sheer number of species I hear about is staggering. I feel like all the information wouldn’t be so overwhelming if there was a master list of sorts? Basically what I’m hoping for is like a Pokédex of tarantulas XD is there anything like that in existence? Online or at least in a recent, updated book?

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The World Spider Catalog has an updated and comprehensive list of the accepted species known to science. As far as what's in the hobby, no I don't think there is. You could however browse members' profiles and copy from their personal lists and compile a master sheet from there. Browse mine if you like and other members that have been keeping for a long time.

Paige Siegert

Arachnopeon
That’s not a bad idea, thank you! Also good to know there’s at least a list of known species if not just those kept by hobbyists! Appreciate it :)

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I dont know of any comprehensive list of kept species (however I know @AphonopelmaTX has a master list of described species and native country that has been graciously shared in the past), but my self-education began by perusing various dealers availability both here and elsewhere (European lists often have the newest species in the hobby) and researching from there. Once you get a handle on the various genus and their "type" (new world arboreal, baboon, Asian fossorial etc), you can really hone in on what you're interested in. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
--Matt

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
A member recently attempted to make a list of all species in the US front of the hobby. If you search the forums it should turn up.

Thanks,

Arthroverts