is their any NW communal types?

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i don't think i'm ready for OW especially living with my mom and taking care of her as she's terrified of OW T's (apparently they look like real spiders and not fluffy tarantulas to her) anyways i digress i was wondering if theirs any new world species that can be done communally since thats something i'd like to try eventually if not i'll wait a few years until i can get my mom a nurse and move out or just build a seperate building to house my T's but any info on this would be i used the search and found mostly people trying to communalize avics and failing i'm more curious if theirs a species suited for communally living together easier than trying and failing with avics

Den

Arachnosquire
i don't think i'm ready for OW especially living with my mom and taking care of her as she's terrified of OW T's (apparently they look like real spiders and not fluffy tarantulas to her) anyways i digress i was wondering if theirs any new world species that can be done communally since thats something i'd like to try eventually if not i'll wait a few years until i can get my mom a nurse and move out or just build a seperate building to house my T's but any info on this would be i used the search and found mostly people trying to communalize avics and failing i'm more curious if theirs a species suited for communally living together easier than trying and failing with avics
Holothele Incei

Lolita

Arachnoknight
hmm i didn't know Holothele Incei were new world T's i'll have to look more into them

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive kept P. cambridgei together before.

H. incei are found in Trinidad & Venezuela, supposed to be fairly good community species but you may suffer some losses. Aparently H. villosella are better.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ive kept P. cambridgei together before.

H. incei are found in Trinidad & Venezuela, supposed to be fairly good community species but you may suffer some losses. Aparently H. villosella are better.
You should back that statement up b/c I've been on here for almost two years and think what you said is inaccurate.

I'm referring to the H. villosella comment.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
You should back that statement up b/c I've been on here for almost two years and think what you said is inaccurate.

slh, there are quite a few threads around(here & elsewhere) regarding H. villosella communals with varying degrees of success...they are, however, uncommon or perhaps not mentioned as often as others(?), e.g. H. incei, P. regalis, etc. A cursory read of some of these threads reveals that they may be on par with incei as far as communality goes.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

There are other popular spider forums besides AB ;) BTS has some interesting threads where they talk about communal H. villosella & I know some people desperately wanting them for communal projects.

AbraxasComplex seems to have a lot of good things to say about them:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=1802309&highlight=villosella#post1802309

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=1717642&highlight=villosella#post1717642

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=1669259&highlight=villosella#post1669259

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was referring to the comment that H. villosella were "better" as a communal T. Not that they were in fact communal. I'm very aware of that. From my personal experience and what I've gathered from other keepers H. incei are by far the most communal species in the true sense of the word. They're not simply tolerant of each other.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holothele incei are from Trinidad, the Venezuelan one you're probably thinking of is Holothele sp "Tachira". Both can be kept in groups. Heterothele villosella is an old world species (Africa).

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry, yes H. villosella are OW, thats one of my old mistakes rearing its head again LOL. thanks Bill.

According to Platnick:
mf incei (F. O. P.-Cambridge, 1898)....................Trinidad, Venezuela

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To add, even though Heterothele villosella are OW tarantulas as stated before, I have found their behavior to be the just as social as Holothele incei. Their maternal care is on par if not better than H.incei from what I have witnessed.

Everyone has varying degrees of success with social species as no two tarantulas are exactly alike. Some individuals are more aggressive than others. I have a couple H.incei females I separated due to aggression (other sibling females became snacks). I also won't breed the separated aggressive ones either in order to keep the line I have going stay more tolerant. This is a species that reaches maturity so quickly that you can selectively breed them with ease if you so choose.

Unravel

Arachnosquire
To add, even though Heterothele villosella are OW tarantulas as stated before, I have found their behavior to be the just as social as Holothele incei. Their maternal care is on par if not better than H.incei from what I have witnessed.

Everyone has varying degrees of success with social species as no two tarantulas are exactly alike. Some individuals are more aggressive than others. I have a couple H.incei females I separated due to aggression (other sibling females became snacks). I also won't breed the separated aggressive ones either in order to keep the line I have going stay more tolerant. This is a species that reaches maturity so quickly that you can selectively breed them with ease if you so choose.
how quickly do they mature?

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had females being breedable at the 8-10 month range. And that was at room temperature (70-72'F).

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you should make a small documentary video on that sp., based on how you describe them, they sound very fascinating.