Is the t dead?

Samuelh3942

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, I have a sling curly hair and he/she was curled up when I went to look at it this morning and it has stayed like this all day. It moves when I blow on it and is trying to walk but moves as if it has no energy. Here is a picture it actually opened up as I was taking the photo lol

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
1. I don’t see why you think it is dead?
2. Does it have access to water source?

Samuelh3942

Arachnosquire
I don’t see why you think it is dead?
It wasn’t moving all day and it only started to move or even show a sign of life just as I posted the thread. I didn’t see it move when I titles the thread it only started to move when I posted it

It wasn’t moving all day and it only started to move or even show a sign of life just as I posted the thread. I didn’t see it move when I titles the thread it only started to move when I posted it
And yes it has a water source

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It appears to be going to pre-molt to me based on the picture. So leave it alone.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
T’s going to molt. In the meantime, read more about tarantula behavior.

Samuelh3942

Arachnosquire
T’s going to molt. In the meantime, read more about tarantula behavior.
Ok thanks I will definitely read more about pre molt behaviour, I was just confused because this has never happened with any of my t’s before. Thank you

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ever got shocked touching uninsulated cables or the like? That's how it feels for your T when you blow into their direction. Sensory overload. Please, never ever, blow on a T!

Samuelh3942

Arachnosquire
Update:
I checked on the t earlier and checked again now and it has stayed in the same spot as when I went to bed image.jpg

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
Definately no good. As Poonjab said you can flip over and give droplets of water on its mouth or put it in ICU and try whatever the solution you can find on the internet. But unfortunately it will not guarantee a survival.

Samuelh3942

Arachnosquire
Thanks for everyone’s help, I have tried to help the t but now it is unresponsive. I have proffer it a few times and it hasn’t even moved. Does anyone know what could’ve caused this?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Thanks for everyone’s help, I have tried to help the t but now it is unresponsive. I have proffer it a few times and it hasn’t even moved. Does anyone know what could’ve caused this?
Very difficult to say. Sometimes it just happens and nobody knows exactly why. If you post photos of the whole setup that might give us some clues. Sadly though, some just don't survive past the sling stage for whatever reason.

Samuelh3942

Arachnosquire
Very difficult to say. Sometimes it just happens and nobody knows exactly why. If you post photos of the whole setup that might give us some clues. Sadly though, some just don't survive past the sling stage for whatever reason.
I will definitely post a couple photos of the whole setup soon, absolutely gutted😔

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I will definitely post a couple photos of the whole setup soon, absolutely gutted😔
It sucks, I know. Always hard to lose a tarantula. I cried the first time I lost one. Sometimes it just happens, maybe that's part of the reason why tarantulas have so many eggs in a sac. Not all of them will survive to adulthood. Don't be afraid to give it another shot.