Is the C vonwrithi arboreal or terestrial?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Uh? They're straight up fossorial and are generally pet holes.... No idea where you get arboreal from when they live in deep holes in the ground in the wild.

IMG_1890.JPG

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Ive heard that they're arboreal but have also been told they burrow ive been looking to get one and wanna get the right set up
C. vonwirthi is an obligate burrower. It shouldn’t take much research to know that they’re Fossorial, are you sure you’re able to handle this species? The idiot(s) that told you they’re Arboreal shouldn’t be giving advice on Ts....

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If you're asking this question, I wonder if you have the experience to handle the species. 🤔
The idiot(s) that told you they’re Arboreal shouldn’t be giving advice on Ts....
Yes, but let me remember that there's a nice amount of people (and I'm talking about 'Old Timer' users of Arachnoboards, today not anymore active) that had T's for years, someone decades, people that performed many successful breeding projects etc so considered by the whole community "experienced", still they housed their P. murinus into arboreal set up, because "reasons" - and IMO probably betrayed by the fact that OBT's are masters of adapting.

When, actually, reality says that P. murinus are burrow-lovers, maybe not hardcore burrow lovers as the H. gigas or 'Haplos' can be, but still.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The entire genus is fossorial*.

*C. schioedtei was moved to Omothymus, and C. sp. "Hati Hati" isn't a described species so the genus name for that was basically a half-arsed guess by sellers, it should be labelled Ornithoctoninae sp. "Hati Hati".