Is that a tarantula?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I went to my favorite fancy ass food market to pick up some salmon for dinner.

Being deaf, I wrote down my order and handed it to the seafood counter guy. When he gave back the receipt paper, it said "Is that a tarantula?"

My idiot mind obviously went WHAT and I looked down at my clothes, of course, thinking a member of my collection must have hitched a ride.

It took me about ten seconds to realize that he was talking about my C. lividus tattoo.

D0D607C0-30F2-485F-AF3F-B48A8098D7CD.jpeg

Boy, am I a 🤡

Last edited:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
If it makes you feel any better, that's probably how I would react initially too. I would instant panic, thinking about which Ts I have that are small and fast enough to travel on me unnoticed. :eek:

So how did the guy respond afterwards? Was he freaked out, or was he okay with it?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
If it makes you feel any better, that's probably how I would react initially too. I would instant panic, thinking about which Ts I have that are small and fast enough to travel on me unnoticed. :eek:

So how did the guy respond afterwards? Was he freaked out, or was he okay with it?
I could tell by his body language and expression that it was a compliment. He liked the tattoo. (Being deaf from birth, i'm pretty good at reading physical cues) I don't think he noticed my brief panic. 😂

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I could tell by his body language and expression that it was a compliment. He liked the tattoo. (Being deaf from birth, i'm pretty good at reading physical cues) I don't think he noticed my brief panic. 😂
Well that's good. It's always good to read about a response that wasn't outright horror. And also great having a mildly embarrassing panic moment go under the radar of others. :rofl: