Is she okay?

pissybaboon

Arachnopeon
Okay, those of you who read my post a few weeks ago about my two rescues will know that one of them was deep into premolt and had sadly been disturbed by the previous owner (she didn't know.)
My question is, it has now been several weeks and she looks like this. Look at her front legs. It looks like her most is starting to stick to her and it's worrying the crap out of me. I've left her alone (asides from putting her in her permanent enclosure with a water dish).

Is she okay? Or is this not good? Stupid question I'm sure, but hey I gotta learn somehow.

Attachments

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
I don't see anything unusual... What do you think is sticking? She will most likely lie on her back when she begins to molt. It looks to me like all you need is patience and a full water dish.:) Is she moving strangely?

pissybaboon

Arachnopeon
I meant her molt(stupid phone). Her front legs are red looking, like its sticking to her.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i dont see anything unusual.. by sticking to her, do you mean shes kind of curling her front legs in? thats a common posture called a stress curl, normal for recently rehoused tarantulas.

pissybaboon

Arachnopeon
Yeah, sounds like it. I just love my girls and want only the best for them, meaning I don't want to screw up or hurt them. Thank you guys for calming my nerves. I'll just leave her be and wait very impatiently I suppose.

FishermanSteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I meant her molt(stupid phone). Her front legs are red looking, like its sticking to her.
Those spots are normal. She has just rubbed those spots bare by digging, and feeding. With adult females you have a long time in between molts so the exoskeleton is taking a beating. She will look good as new after her next molt.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Her abdomen looks off to me, but that could be the lighting. It is sort of rumpled/patchy looking, not like a urticating hair-patch, but like there is something stuck on it. @Venom1080 am i in need of glasses?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Give bigger water dish than a bottle cap so it can get the right hydration it needs. Apart from that slightly shrivelled abdomen she should be fine.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@poinkypaeaddict give it a better water dish. 2 oz soufflee cup works great.

I also think the abdomen looks slightly off but the next molt should correct it. But a bigger water dish is important so it can hydrate.

cold blood

Staff member
Its not a MM...is it?? A pic of the palps (the ends) would clear this up.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
I don't see anything alarming about the B. smithi. Like others have said outside of the abdomen looking a bit off, it seems to be fine. Unfortunately some times I just can't tell if one of my T's are in pre-molt and end up bothering them only to have them molt later that same day. I wouldn't worry much.