Is she laying as we speak?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just looked in her hide with a flashlight and there is a clear liquid with little white dots in the middle. I don't know if this is her laying eggs or not but if not I have no idea what it is. Also there is no webbing on the ground like a blanket. What's going on??????

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At this point in time dont touch a single thing... dont bump the tank dont move it so you can see better dont breath lol..... ok I was kidding about the breathing part.......

It sounds like thats exactly whats happening..... did she make a bowl of web? For now all you can do is sit back and relax. I know impossible. But try. And watch but in an un disturbing way. Limit your flashlight use....... and limit all walking around the tank. She is under alot of stress. Best of luck! Update us as things change!

Whoa there wait white dots???? Not yellow? Is it T poo? Eggs are yellow.......... and there should be a big bowl of webbing under her as well.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is NO webbing at all. She looks like she's just putting them on the substrate. I think they are yellow but my flashlight was going dead so I couldn't see all that well. Can they survive without the webbing bowl?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ahh well no..... they cant.

If that is infact what is happening there is no chance for anything to come from it.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. Remember how I was telling you in the PM's that there was no webbing coming out. She would set her spinnerets on the ground as if she was webbing but there was nothing.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Was or has there ever been any damage to her spinnerets? Thats strange indeed...... where did she set up shop to do all this under a hide or anything?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There has been no damage since i've had her and she has molted in my care. I put a hide in there yesterday and she set up in there with alot of digging through out the day today and she just started about an hour ago.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am sorry to hear that......... Sometimes for unknown reasons Ts do this. Its a total waste but they still do it. If this is a failed sac when she is done you are going to have to remove the eggs that were laid in the substrate because they will quickly spoil.

Wait for a bit first just to make sure there is no webbing down there you can see or something. Id hate for you to go in there to clean up and see that she was really about to lay the rest of the webbing and wrap it all up. But you should have your answer ither way before the afternoon hours tomorrow.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is there any chance of hand-rearing eggs that fresh in an incubator?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
UPDATE......This morning I woke up and pealed back the hide bc I figured it would be a failed sac. There was nothing in there with her but she was VERY pissy. I put a cricket in there with her bc she looks pretty skinny. Im going to hold off breeding until she molts again and see if she regains the ability to web. Thanks for all the help!