Is She Gravid?

Browncoat

Arachnopeon
My female Hadrurus arizonensis hasn't eaten in at least 7 months and yet she's still incredibly fat. And as of late (maybe the last week) she's been spending more time on the surface. I've tried feeding her and she shows no interest. I've had her 2 years and in that time she hasn't seen a male once, though I've heard they can store sperm for a very long time (she was wild caught). She also hasn't moulted since I got her so I assume she's fully grown. I didn't think scorpions went through post ultimate moults (at least not that has been documented)? Still, could it just be a very very long lead up to a moult? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
When my scorpion was gravid, she looked pretty similar, I have had scorpions molt and not even be that big. it could still be a molt but I would lean towards gravid.

Browncoat

Arachnopeon
In case she's gravid, does anyone have any good tips for raising H. arizonensis babies? I've heard it's notoriously difficult so unfortunately I'm not optimistic.

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
I don't :( I had one that had died in a molt, Someone told me there was a guide on here that goes step by step explaining how to get successful molts with this species but I was never able to find it, and idk anyone who has. still if you dig deep enough maybe you can find something.

ZX14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If she has not molted in two years, she is prob full grown. Gravid? I doubt it with no pairing. Why is no one considering that she is just a plump, well fed adult. I had a Parabuthus transvaalicus female that was plump just like yours for almost 5 years as an adult in my care. I just kept her well fed.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's possible. I just had a fasting scorpion give birth to 30 babies. Same with 2 more that haven't eaten in a long time but are huge.