Is she going to molt?

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1263.JPG All i want to know is if she is going to molt or this is something else, if she is going to molt, it will be the first in my care as she is my very first T. Sorry about the picture quality too.

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
Okay on my phone the second picture works but on my pc it doesnt, is that happening to anyone else? Ill try it again.

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Has she stopped eating?
With this species, not eating is pretty much a big sign of being in premolt.
Her abdomen looks pretty plump as well, which could be a sign of premolt as well. But it could also mean she is just full and isn't hungry anymore. If she is indeed in pre-molt, don't feed her live food, keep the waterdish full, and leave her alone.

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
Has she stopped eating?
With this species, not eating is pretty much a big sign of being in premolt.
Her abdomen looks pretty plump as well, which could be a sign of premolt as well. But it could also mean she is just full and isn't hungry anymore. If she is indeed in pre-molt, don't feed her live food, keep the waterdish full, and leave her alone.
yeah shes refused food for nearly two weeks now

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Are you keeping her on dry substrate? It looks a little damp, but that could also be just the picture. How big is it?
Two weeks without food are easy for her, like i said, she looks nice and plump.

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
Are you keeping her on dry substrate? It looks a little damp, but that could also be just the picture. How big is it?
Two weeks without food are easy for her, like i said, she looks nice and plump.
the substrate is completely dry, never misted it or anything like that, she is a 2.5 inch female

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
She's gonna pop at some point.

Heres a photo of mine 3 weeks ago
image.jpeg

Still hasnt popped :shifty:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
cant wait for mine to get that green carapace
It has grown like a weed until two moults ago. Now seems to be living life nice and slow aha.

The colour change is what makes this species extremely interesting. Striking colourations from slings to adults.

You girl looks fantastic :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
At that size i also noticed longer pre-molt periods.
With that abdomen, she can easily go three or four weeks without food. Just make sure she has acces to water.
And if she molts, make sure not to feed her until her fangs are black again :)

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
At that size i also noticed longer pre-molt periods.
With that abdomen, she can easily go three or four weeks without food. Just make sure she has acces to water.
And if she molts, make sure not to feed her until her fangs are black again :)
Okay thanks for the help

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
IMG_1284.JPG Okay the only update i have is that she is getting darker, really hope this is pre molt i cant wait to see her when she has molted

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
ahah, pretty much. As its a juvenile and the bald spot is very dark I would expect it to moult real soon