is she broken?

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, my 3 week - month old rosea, hasn;t webbed anything in her cage. She hates vermiculite, but hasn;t covered it in web, and she doesn;t even seem to have visible spineretes. Is there something wrong with her, or does she only have active spinneretes after a certain age? come on, gimme the DL on this one.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well give her/him some time I suppose. 3 Week old is still kind of young. You can't do anything else I suppose. Give her a good place to stay, warm and confortable. She'll be back to normal soon hopefully. Goodluck.

Hey everyone my computer work now yay woopie!!!! Its still messed up in more ways than one, but I guess. My Microsoft Words won't work and my sound can't be adjusted normally. Man! I need a new computer.

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just reinstall windows. Whatever file is corrupt and or missing, will be restored. It should help.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wierd. I read the original poster's question about the rosea and then Dean's answer "reinstall Windows". I thought man, that's a surreal sense of humor.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Dean W
Ok, my 3 week - month old rosea, hasn;t webbed anything in her cage. She hates vermiculite, but hasn;t covered it in web, and she doesn;t even seem to have visible spineretes. Is there something wrong with her, or does she only have active spinneretes after a certain age? come on, gimme the DL on this one.
1. How do you know that your rosie is only 3-4 weeks old?

2. Can you post a pic?

3. Have you raised any other tarantulas?

4. Many tarantulas just don't make large, visible webs. Instead they just line everything with a very thin layer of webbing that may not be noticible to the unobservant eye.

5. Even if you spider is only 3-4 weeks old, you should be able to see the spinnerets. Granted they will be small as hell. But they should definately be noticible.

Jon