Is Resin Made Display safe for our T?

ahya03

Arachnopeon
Screenshot_2020-06-30-04-02-22-21.png
I am planning to buy this and the seller said that this is made of resin and she added that it is non toxic and odorless. Generally speaking of resin, will our tarantulas get harmed by it chemically?

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Im not sure if its safe or not, but how tall is the skull, and what species are you using it for?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
They look to have sharp edges on it, could pose a danger.

As for the material itself, not likely to cause any harm.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Resins should be fine as long as it’s had plenty of time to cure and is painted with nontoxic paints
My bigger concern would be to have a sling or even adult burrow beneath something like that and it crush the burrow and potentially harm the spider. The only things I feel comfortable putting in enclosures is cork bark, small sticks and light plants

ahya03

Arachnopeon
Resins should be fine as long as it’s had plenty of time to cure and is painted with nontoxic paints
My bigger concern would be to have a sling or even adult burrow beneath something like that and it crush the burrow and potentially harm the spider. The only things I feel comfortable putting in enclosures is cork bark, small sticks and light plants
Thank you! Won't be buying that anymore because of the potential danger. Can you give some tips on how to put the sticks so my gbb and pumpkin patch can use it effectively? I have slings and will be getting the juvie soon.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Thank you! Won't be buying that anymore because of the potential danger. Can you give some tips on how to put the sticks so my gbb and pumpkin patch can use it effectively? I have slings and will be getting the juvie soon.
I generally go get dried branches from outdoors that are the right size and shape. I then scrub the branches and put it in a 220-250 F degree oven (watch closely) for about an hour to kill any mites or insects that can be living on it And to dry it out. If you keep the enclosures fairly damp you might see a little mold grow but shouldn’t be a problem. Cork bark is really the only thing that won’t grow mold even when damp but doesn’t provide the attachment points you likely want, especially the GBB, to have
I’m sure others have different and potentially better ways of treating things to get rid of most insects etc

ahya03

Arachnopeon
I generally go get dried branches from outdoors that are the right size and shape. I then scrub the branches and put it in a 220-250 F degree oven (watch closely) for about an hour to kill any mites or insects that can be living on it And to dry it out. If you keep the enclosures fairly damp you might see a little mold grow but shouldn’t be a problem. Cork bark is really the only thing that won’t grow mold even when damp but doesn’t provide the attachment points you likely want, especially the GBB, to have
I’m sure others have different and potentially better ways of treating things to get rid of most insects etc
Thanks a lot!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
View attachment 351054
I am planning to buy this and the seller said that this is made of resin and she added that it is non toxic and odorless. Generally speaking of resin, will our tarantulas get harmed by it chemically?
Non toxic to what? Nothing but crappy non specific statement.

No one knows, could be fine could kill your T

Put a bunch of crix in first see if it kills them

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
This is what I did for my GBB slings. Some people didn't like it because it didn't look natural but it worked really well. They all webbed up their homes around all the objects and now I have moved them into bigger enclosures with the same idea setup.

Attachments

ahya03

Arachnopeon
This is what I did for my GBB slings. Some people didn't like it because it didn't look natural but it worked really well. They all webbed up their homes around all the objects and now I have moved them into bigger enclosures with the same idea setup.
Thanks a lot!