Is my tarantula enclosure ok?

Lentsy

Arachnopeon
just got my first ever tarantula, a b hamorii and his/her name is stick šŸ˜, i really want to make sure that iā€™m doing everything right so hereā€™s a pic of the enclosure, please give me any tips. Need all the help i can get. Iā€™m worried the substrate is too wet And i think i need to get more ventilation (the white is just scratches on plastic)

Attachments

Spaceman

Arachnoknight
Iā€™m not familiar with the humidity for b hamorii but besides that looks fine

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
I usually keep the bottom layer of substrate moist and the top dry, with a water dish. They can burrow to find their desired humidity

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Yes it is too wet.
Juvinelles, which is what yours is can be kept on dry substrate, if you want you can dampen a corner every once in a while,
Other than that it looks fine

Lentsy

Arachnopeon
Yes it is too wet.
Juvinelles, which is what yours is can be kept on dry substrate, if you want you can dampen a corner every once in a while,
Other than that it looks fine
So should I just leave it to dry?

Lentsy

Arachnopeon
Sorry if iā€™m Being repetitive iā€™m Just paranoid

Poonjab

Arachnoking
When it comes to hides, make sure the bottom is open. This will allow them to dig down and have exits out the front and back.

Lentsy

Arachnopeon
When it comes to hides, make sure the bottom is open. This will allow them to dig down and have exits out the front and back.
Oh what do you mean by the bottom being ā€œopenā€? the hide is from an old deodorant and the underside is under the substrate

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Add more ventilation and let the sub dry out.

Oh what do you mean by the bottom being ā€œopenā€? the hide is from an old deodorant and the underside is under the substrate
Hides shouldn't be dead ends, the best thing to do is partially bury a piece of cork bark and make an opening just bigger than the spider underneath, this will serve as the starting point of a burrow.

View media item 67631

Lentsy

Arachnopeon
Stick is currently on the hide so iā€™ll fix it later cause I donā€™t really want to disturb herhim

karkka

Arachnopeon
This my new enclosure to my Hamorii sling about 1 inch i think, I know maybe to big but then I donĀ“t need to rehouse so often i hope.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This my new enclosure to my Hamorii sling about 1 inch i think, I know maybe to big but then I donĀ“t need to rehouse so often i hope.
Looks like the holes are too large if so, your T might leave.