Is my tarantula dead

sarahpennells176

Arachnopeon
Help please help my tarantula moulted 4 days ago he was ok wondering around and I found him like this death curl on hes belly legs tucked in is he dead. I picked him up no movement at all. Screenshot_20210109-172054_Video Player.jpg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Tucked in days after molt with zero movement. Then probably dead.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Can you post a picture of the whole enclosure? Did it have acess to water? Was it exposed to any possible chemicals? Curious as to why it died.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I'm not a vet, but this could hide the real cause of death... A freshly moulted spider should by no means show such markings... Unfortunately, I cannot think of a corresponding diagnosis.

Coradams

Arachnoknight
The T doesn't look freshly molted
The fangs look more of a red-brown than black on my computer and the OP said it was four days from molt. Does that sound right?

What strikes me is that the one spot on the abdomen looks straight on one side as though the hair was cut. Does anyone else see that or is it just the way it looks on my computer?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
The fangs look more of a red-brown than black on my computer and the OP said it was four days from molt. Does that sound right?

What strikes me is that the one spot on the abdomen looks straight on one side as though the hair was cut. Does anyone else see that or is it just the way it looks on my computer?
For me it looks like sombody / something manipulated on the spider...
"Differential diagnosis, Dr House?" :rofl:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
the original photo looks more like the old molt, not a freshly molted T