Is my T in premolt?

Riosyahakbar

Arachnopeon
I bought my tarantula (phlogius crassipes) 4 weeks ago, ive tried to feed it 3 times, it wont eat, its been hiding under a self made web, and its legs are covering the abdomen as if its trying to hide from predators, its barely done anything in the past week, ive been spraying water on the sides of the terrarium, is it due to molt?

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
It could be, but not eating for 4 weeks is not uncommon for many tarantulas and it could just not be hungry yet.
A picture of the spider would really help us give a more definite answer.

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
I'm not familiar with Australian species but its not uncommon for tarantulas to stop eating for weeks especially after being stressed out from a rehousing or shipping. when I received my first T it didn't eat for around two months and I assumed it was in pre moult but it turned out it was only fasting.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
and its legs are covering the abdomen
That's a strange way for it to sit by your description, the picture isn't very clear, so you can't see the position you describe, a side on picture would be beneficial. Maybe 3-4 pictures so we can see what's going on.

Riosyahakbar

Arachnopeon
That's a strange way for it to sit by your description, the picture isn't very clear, so you can't see the position you describe, a side on picture would be beneficial. Maybe 3-4 pictures so we can see what's going on.
Yeah haha, thats like the best picture i can get, i honestly dont think theres anything wrong with it, i'll just spray water for its hydration and try not to distract it for the next week and i'll see what happens

Dundeemac

Arachnopeon
Yeah haha, thats like the best picture i can get, i honestly dont think theres anything wrong with it, i'll just spray water for its hydration and try not to distract it for the next week and i'll see what happens
I know that this is an old thread but what ended up happening with your sling? I have a 2cm Phlogius sp. sling and its pretty active at night - always walking around when I turn on the lights in the morning but hasn't taken any food for over a week. Im not too concerned yet, but curious as to how your situation turned out.