Is my T dying?

Palmster

Arachnopeon
He/she molted like a week ago, and now its on its back again. I'm scared it might be dying. It might be because we changed up the enclosure earlier today cause a superworm decided to burrow in the T's enclosure. Im pretty new to tarantula keeping too so i'm really scared.

oh and it's a grammostola pulchripes btw

Palmster

Arachnopeon
like 3 hours roughly, i had more substrate before, but that superworm burrowed so deep so i had to empty some substrait

Palmster

Arachnopeon
yeeea i should hehe

but it really looks like it's about to molt again, after just one week. Is that even possible??

How high is the enclosure and where is the substrate?
It was like 5 inches untill a superworm burried, and also, my t decided to dig down to the bottom of the enclosure where the plastic is xd

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It was like 5 inches untill a superworm burried, and also, my t decided to dig down to the bottom of the enclosure where the plastic is xd
Maybe it fell and will die or not

Seems a rather disjointed story to get an idea what’s going on

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
like 3 hours roughly, i had more substrate before, but that superworm burrowed so deep so i had to empty some substrait
Superworms for a 2.5 inch T is a little big for it. I don't start feeding T's superworms until they hit 3 inches dls.

Giant mealworms would work better. Little bigger than the small, obviously and smaller than superworms.

You don't want to blow up it's rear end like an overfilled balloon ready to pop.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Can you post a picture of the entire enclosure? Very unlikely that it is molting again one week later, especially for this size and species

Palmster

Arachnopeon
I left it overnight and it's still on it's back. I think it's dehydrated cause we havn't sprayed or water'd the enclosure in the last few weeks, so i decided to spray the enclosure a bit and drop a drop of water near it's mouth.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
Everything about this sounds like it is molting I’m questioning the timeline tbh

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
It's still on it's back, not moving much or showing any sign of molting.
As far as I know all you can really do is drop water in it’s mouth and hope for the best. My guess would be it took a fall but it can also happen for unexplained reasons. It doesn’t look good, sorry. Best of luck though

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
think it's dehydrated cause we havn't sprayed or water'd the enclosure in the last few weeks
Clarity, it hasn’t has access to water in a couple/few weeks or what....?? Why not!?? Not saying this has anything to do with it on its back.