Is my T dying, or molting?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello all! I have a little G. Pulchripes that has been acting a bit strange lately. It's about 1.25", and until a week or two ago it was a great eater. It is extremely lethargic atm, and is sitting in the corner of it's container with it's front legs kind of bunched up towards it's face. It responded a bit when I gently touched a leg, but hasn't moved other than that. There is plenty of moisture inside it's container, and it still has a water dish. The reason I thought it was going to molt is the decreased appetite and darkening of the abdomen. I just dont remember if my Smithi did the same thing with it's front legs before it molted and I am a bit worried...

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It could just be the stance it is sitting in? Unless the legs are curled under I wouldn't worry if it is responsive as you say.

venom45

Arachnopeon
i have a sling G pulchripes that was .75" that molted on sunday, went through the same thing that you described, s/he got very dark in color 3-4 days befor it molted

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
They tend to get very sluggish before they molt my LP didn't move much at all before it molted.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All tarantulas do that stance you are referring to whether or not they are in premolt. That is not an indication it is going to molt and is perfectly normal.