Is my spiderling in premolt?

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
I have a C versicolor sling I've had for about 3 weeks now and I've noticed it's abdomen is turning fron the usual blue to a darker black. It has also not eaten the last two times I've tried to feed it. If it is in premolt is there anything I should do in terms of misting?

cold blood

Staff member
Yes, pre-molt...stop feeding and wait for a molt. You can just keep the water dish full...if you like, a light spray on the walls for a drink is also ok.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Definitely sounds like premolt. I hear versicolor slings molt pretty often and I am hoping for a molt from mine soon as well.:)

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Agreed! Premolt. Once the abdomen swells and gets sort of shiny, that's a good sign, as well.

Honestly, there really isn't much to do other than leave it alone. Your spider is preparing itself for a very tiring and delicate process. Less stress is best;)

After the molt, be VERY CAREFUL! Spiders are extremely fragile right after a molt. Spooking it could literally be fatal. But definitely be sure it has water.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
All I can do is agree with the other posts, just make sure the water dish full at all times, expect to see a stunning looking T when it decides to moult, good times.