Is My Spider Dead??

BlueTarantula11

Arachnopeon
Ok now I have a Female Lampropelma Violaceopes.
Last week I checked up on her when I fed her. She ate good and everything.
I cheked on her last night to see how she was doing. I tapped her leg real slow and she didnt move at all, when she usualy moves.
So I waited till today cause I really wanted to rehome her.
So I was trying to figure out a way on how I was gonna take her out since she spends most of her time in her hideout..
I checked and she was in the same spot as yesterday.
And she ususally moves around from one day to another shes never in the exact same spot as yesterday and today.
So I got a little worried cause I wanted to see some kind of movement so I can take her out and fix her home.
So I waited another 2 hours to see if she would end up in another spot but till now nothing. I moved her hideout real slowly and yet again she dint move.
I am not very sure whats going on with her.
I just want to know is she dead or is she getting ready to molt.
I dont really want to stress about it, but I just really want to see atleast some type of movement to make sure she is ok.
I hope she is not dead.
I really dont want to move her or touch her at the moment just incase she is molting.
I really need someones help at the moment.
I would definately appreciate it.
Thank You.:confused:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are it's legs curled up under it? Like if you curled your fingers under your hand.

If not, then leave it alone, it's fine. You are stressing it out by constantly touching it.
Lack of movement isn't something to worry about.
Post some pics.

BlueTarantula11

Arachnopeon
Are it's legs curled up under it? Like if you curled your fingers under your hand.

If not, then leave it alone, it's fine. You are stressing it out by constantly touching it.
Post some pics.
Here let me take a look and see with a flashlight cause she is inside her burrow. If I can ill take some pics cause she has her back to me.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Post some pics.
Here is a pic of it, its kinda hard to take a pic when its inside the cave.

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I cant realy tell from the angel, but I don't believe she is in a death curl. what is that pink stuff and what kind of substrate is she on?

demasoni521

Arachnopeon
the pink stuff looks like cedar/pine shavings to me. I've heard that anything with pine is harmful to tarantulas...

BlueTarantula11

Arachnopeon
I cant realy tell from the angel, but I don't believe she is in a death curl. what is that pink stuff and what kind of substrate is she on?
It is a wood chip thats stay moisture but I dont really like it for her but its just inside her cave and today I wanted to take it out and put some peat moss like the outside has. But I dont want to touch her or anything, I tried very slowly and she did not move and I dint want to touch even more just incase somnething is wron. And right now she is still is the same spot as yesterday.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
the pink stuff looks like cedar/pine shavings to me. I've heard that anything with pine is harmful to tarantulas...
looks like cedar to me which will most likely kill her since cedar can kill reptiles just by touching them with it idk 100% about T's but i'd imagine similiar affects (death)

BlueTarantula11

Arachnopeon
Thanks You guys for your info.
I really appreciate it and for letting me know that the substrate I had my T in was harmful.
But she is alive.
I really didnt want to move her around but I just wanted to make sure cause I know she recently molted a month ago.
But I tapped her and she moved and that made me real happy.
I managed to pull her out and clean the inside so hopefuly she likes her new substrate.
Thanks for the help.