Is my sling cold?

ambutt97

Arachnopeon
Okay so I know if you’re comfortable with the temp your T should be too but in my opinion it’s kinda cold in my room. I’m cold in there unless I have a sweater or blanket on. I have a small a. Seemani sling and I’m wondering if I should put a heat pad under his container. I don’t want to fry the little guy but he hasn’t been moving around too much, maybe pre molt, but I’m worried he’s cold. Any advice?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
How cold is it exactly? that’s subjective without any numbers. My house gets chilly but not cold enough to cause problems without needing additional heat.

also don’t put it under it that’s a good way to cook a tarantula. If you’re going to put the heating pad you can put it on the sides but not directly up against it but separated from it. . Or you can use a space heater to heat your room.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Heat the room. You seem chilly anyway. Lol
Aim for between 75 and 80.
Below 70 is a little cold. Above 90 is hot.

ambutt97

Arachnopeon
How cold is it exactly? that’s subjective without any numbers. My house gets chilly but not cold enough to cause problems without needing additional heat.

also don’t put it under it that’s a good way to cook a tarantula. If you’re going to put the heating pad you can put it on the sides but not directly up against it but separated from it. . Or you can use a space heater to heat your room.
I’d say it can be anywhere between 50-70. Do you think I could just wrap an old shirt around his little container?

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I’d say it can be anywhere between 50-70. Do you think I could just wrap an old shirt around his little container?
No. Wrapping stuff keeps existing heat in. It doesn't generate heat. You need something that generates heat and a thermometer. People are terrible at knowing how hot it is... I start finding my 20C room too hot in the winter, but it feels pleasantly cool in summer. Measuring it properly is the only way.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you! I think it’s below 70 but not by much
The temp you provided is useful! ;) ;) ;) ;) :cool:

If you cannot keep your room warmer, use a space heater.

If you cannot do that you will likely need to make a “box” that is insulated- many different methods to go about this, search the forum.

Also, according to the TOS, that you agreed to before using AB, cursing is not allowed.

We also have children on this forum at times as well; they shouldn’t be learning curse words from anyone here.