Is my setup ok?

mcmitch92

Arachnopeon
Its a 9 litre tank with a plant pot as a hide.

I have a juvenile brachypelma boehmei the picture is from when I only just mixed the substrate trust me the substrate is a hell of a lot dryer now I was just experimenting but the setup of the pot remains the same and I've made the addition of a water bowl.
EDIT: PS my substrate is level with the bottom of the ventilation holes now and my boehmei is 2 inches

Attachments

Last edited:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
make sure the pot doesn't have a bottom, so they can dig down. But looks good

mcmitch92

Arachnopeon
make sure the pot doesn't have a bottom, so they can dig down. But looks good
Good idea i never thought of that i just pushed the pot against the substrate i guess they wouldnt escape the heat as well if they couldn't actually dig
My only issue with cutting the pot is sharp edges i dont want fang to get injured

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Good idea i never thought of that i just pushed the pot against the substrate i guess they wouldnt escape the heat as well if they couldn't actually dig
My only issue with cutting the pot is sharp edges i dont want fang to get injured
it looks like plastic. After you cut, you can sand or melt to soften the edges

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
Its a 9 litre tank with a plant pot as a hide.

I have a juvenile brachypelma boehmei the picture is from when I only just mixed the substrate trust me the substrate is a hell of a lot dryer now I was just experimenting but the setup of the pot remains the same and I've made the addition of a water bowl.
EDIT: PS my substrate is level with the bottom of the ventilation holes now and my boehmei is 2 inches
If that's the size I think it is, it might be a little big for a 2" juvinile, but it should be fine so long as you make sure the T is finding the food. At that size it'll last that tarantula it's whole life, too, although you'll want to reduce the amount of substrate in there after a while. I'd also recommend sticking a water dish in there, those larger plastic condiment cups (~2" across at the top) you can get at some restaurants are perfect of you can find one. Small plastic container lids work well too.

Danielhobbs1123

Arachnopeon
Its simple but wonderfully functional. I like that. I have some elaborate arboreal enclosures but so often I see enclosures so jammed up with cosmetics that the animal can't even move around easily.

I agree with leonard the mage though, watch your T around feeding time and make sure feedings are successful (with the exception of obvious premolt). If your brachy is anything like mine,, it should have NO PROBLEM finding food!!:rofl: definitely make sure your planter has NO bottom and you're good to go!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Its simple but wonderfully functional. I like that. I have some elaborate arboreal enclosures but so often I see enclosures so jammed up with cosmetics that the animal can't even move around easily.
I concur, so many good habitats ruined by too much furniture