Is my scorpion too fat?

Is she too fat?

• Total voters

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
with enough space they can stay together until they’re approaching adulthood. They typically share burrows for the first few moults. As adults they can be quite aggressive with each other but juveniles do fine together as long as they’re well fed and not crowded.

there is of course always some risk of cannibalism, but among young sibling groups it’s pretty rare in this group.

Ti1220

Arachnosquire
with enough space they can stay together until they’re approaching adulthood. They typically share burrows for the first few moults. As adults they can be quite aggressive with each other but juveniles do fine together as long as they’re well fed and not crowded.

there is of course always some risk of cannibalism, but among young sibling groups it’s pretty rare in this group.
Hoped back on here because it's been a while and they are all still choosing the same burrow with a hiding spot available for everyone and you already answered it and they are doing well with eachother growing slower then I expected. And to who ever recommended leaf litter they love it well the babies do the mom hasn't really left her burrow since the separation... is that normal? She used to be out every night and no major changes in her cage.. maybe winter? Should I wrap her cage for humidity? And the babies where moved to a large breeder tank for more space.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hoped back on here because it's been a while and they are all still choosing the same burrow with a hiding spot available for everyone and you already answered it and they are doing well with eachother growing slower then I expected. And to who ever recommended leaf litter they love it well the babies do the mom hasn't really left her burrow since the separation... is that normal? She used to be out every night and no major changes in her cage.. maybe winter? Should I wrap her cage for humidity? And the babies where moved to a large breeder tank for more space.
As long as the substrate is moist it'll be fine.

Regarding the babies: as long as there are ample hides they can escape to it is okay if they decide to huddle in one. The important thing is that they can get away from each other if they need to.